Chapter 5: Home

Chapter 5: Home

Aurora

"That is a big no," Davian spoke up when everyone took Cillian's silence as a yes. "I am not auditioning for that cliche musical show."

I gasped. "How can you call such a cute show 'cliche' when it's so popular? Besides, I never skipped a single season of Love Musical," I announced. "I am even watching this new season despite being here."

"The show has been going for ten years, so don't tell me you knew what love was when you were five or six."

"I am sixteen right now, so I was six years old when the first season aired," I corrected him. "And no, I used to watch it with my dads, but when I turned thirteen, I binge-watched all the seasons from the beginning."

"Oh, great." Davian rolled his eyes and gave me a tight-lipped smile. "But that doesn't change my decision. I won't audition for it."

"Why not?" Nina asked. "It will be good for all of you."

"Because I want to focus on only music, not on acting."

I sighed and looked at Declan and Jaxon. "What about you guys?"

"If it's good for us, there's no harm in trying," said Declan.

"I was born to act," Jaxon beamed in excitement.

"Well, Nina has already signed up our band for the audition on Wednesday. I will mail the schedule too. It's up to the four of you what to do," Cillian announced.

Nina glanced at Davian. "It will really be beneficial for the band if B4U gets the lead roles. It will be especially helpful for Aura."

I crossed my arms against my chest, rolling my eyes when Davian didn't change his mind. Why would he even care about my career? He wanted me to get the hatred of the fans.

###

It was night-time already since the day had gone by in a blur. I spent the day getting used to my new acoustic guitar. Both Davian and I got our respective instruments today.

My guitar had my name engraved on it, along with my band name. It was so pretty. I was currently sitting on the couch in the living room with my guitar. Davian was sitting on the other one, doing something on his phone.

I was excited about shifting into my bedroom tomorrow. The painting was supposed to be completed, and the paint didn't have any long-lasting odor, so I wouldn't have to wait much longer. Tonight was the last time I had to sleep in those bean bags in the practice room.

I strummed my guitar once again, now getting slightly bored due to the silence.

"What are you up to?" I asked curiously.

Davian arched an eyebrow. "What makes you think I will answer you?"

"I am bored," I whined, but he didn't even bother to look at me anymore.

Jaxon was asleep already, and Declan was busy completing an assignment. With a sigh, I put my guitar down and stood up. I sat on the same couch as Davian, trying to peer at what he was doing on his phone.

Immediately, he locked his phone and narrowed his eyes on me. "What can I do if you are bored? I could have sung a song, but you are a singer too, so just entertain yourself to lessen your boredom."

I raised my brows. "You would have sung for me?"

"That was just an example," he deadpanned.

I placed my elbows on my knees and cupped my cheeks, frowning. "I can't even disturb my dads by calling them at this hour. It's already eleven here, so it must be two there. They are fast asleep."