Chapter 29: Her Worth

Aurora

My worst fear came true.

As soon as the first teaser of the series was released, the fans of B4U started calling me Nora Nova's replacement—more like accusing me. They were saying I wasn't suitable to be part of the band, least of all Davian's love interest in the series.

Someone even commented that Nora was forced to leave the band because of me. I was an evil person in their eyes.

I didn't wipe the tears that slid through my eyes. Rather, I wanted to cry my heart out. It all hurt so much.

I stood up from the couch abruptly.

"What's wrong?" Davian asked as soon as he felt me getting up and opened his eyes. He was a light sleeper, after all. When I didn't turn to look at him, he called out softly, "Aura?"

Hearing him call me so gently with concern made me want to cry more. Davian thought of me as Nora's replacement in the beginning, but he accepted me eventually because he saw me closely. But what about the hate I was receiving from the people? How would that be removed? I couldn't possibly go to all of the haters and tell them to get to know me closely.

I was about to head to my room, but a hand grabbed mine. By the touch, I knew it was Davian. When I still didn't turn to look at him, he got up from the couch and stood in front of me.

He scanned my face, and when I still stayed quiet, he pulled me into his warm embrace. I couldn't control myself anymore, so I ended up bursting into more tears as I hugged him back tightly.

He caressed my back, assuring me silently that he was there for me.

We stayed in that position for a while until a familiar voice spoke, "Woah, I didn't realize I would wake up to this sight in front of me," Declan commented. "Though, I don't mind. Hey, Jax, wake up and see this."

I broke apart from the hug and looked at Declan, who was shaking Jaxon by his shoulder so that he would wake up.

"Get up, idiot," Declan uttered, making Jaxon groan.

"What's your problem, dude?" Jaxon mumbled, slowly opening his eyes. He looked at me and immediately his eyes grew as wide as saucers. "Why are you crying?"

"Huh?" Declan's eyes shifted to me once Jaxon asked me that question. "I thought it was a romantic hug, but now it seems like I was wrong. What happened, Aura?"

Knowing I had nowhere to run away from them, I sucked in a deep breath and started narrating, "The first teaser of the series is out already and..."

"And...?" Davian asked, getting impatient.

"And people are already hating me," I managed to choke out after closing my eyes.

The three of them took out their phones and started to check the comments of the people.

"Why are you focusing on the negative comments? Look at the positive ones," Declan told me.

I furrowed my brows. "Positive ones? Are there any positive comments?"

"Yes, there are a lot of those," Jaxon informed me and showed me his phone.

Indeed, some people gave good comments a few minutes ago.

"Well, when I checked, it was all negative. I guess a few people took pity on me." I chuckled humorlessly.

"The only negative comments you are getting are from the B4U fanbase," Declan said as if it would make me feel better.