C2: Volleyball Team

"From the day of the unverse’s creation and on through the infinite centuries and on In the previous life and maybe the next too We’re forever together"

Artist: 방탄소년단 (BTS)
Song: DNA
Album: LOVE YOURSELF 承 ‘Her’

Lalisa

After the football team made a little scene, they didn't bother to disturb Haruto and I. Maybe they got scared by what I just said, which is not absolutely true, but maybe some of it.

Haruto and I are in the living room of our house. While we are waiting for our mother to call us for dinner, I'm playing Tekken with my little brother here in the living room.

I'm not good at playing video games, but since my brother doesn't have anyone to play with, I'm playing and accompanying him.

You can say that I want to be a responsible older sister for him.

"Haru! Lali! Dinner is ready!" Mom shouted from the kitchen.

Haruto and I immediately went to the kitchen. I sat on my father's left side, across from my mom, while Haru sat beside our mom.

"How is your first day of school?" Dad asked as we ate our delicious dinner.

"Fine." Haruto and I answered in unison.

"I think you two still owe me something." We looked at Dad and he was grinning widely, that made us both groaned.

"We will join a club soon." We said it in sync and that made Dad and Mom laugh.

"What sports are you planning to join?" Mom asked.

"Basketball." Haruto answered and I felt everyone looked at me.

"I don't know, but don't worry, I will join a sports team." They nodded.

After we finished eating dinner, Haruto washed the dishes with a heavy heart. He hated washing dinner dishes, but he couldn't do anything about it because every night it was his turn to wash the dishes.

I settled into my bed and scrolled down my phone. I saw an article about the last volleball championship game.

The SM University volleyball team received a large amount of cash and a week-long vacation overseas. They even feature in some magazines and interviews.

"They look more like idols than volleyball players." I said to myself.

I put my phone on the bedside table and turned off the lights.

"Goodnight world." I whispered as I let myself fall into a deep slumber.

•••

KM University is quite busy today.There might be something going on. As I walked to my department building, I passed a lot of different sports teams.

I read in the school article that all the sports teams won in the championship game except the volleyball team and the football team.

Actually, I'm glad that the football team didn't win because they are a bunch of jerks. They are full of themselves and annoying.

I took out my phone when I felt it vibrated. Haruto texted me that he had already arrived at his room and couldn't see me at lunch because his new friend had invited him.