C18: Dinner

"But I could be your crush, like, throw you for a rush, like
Hoping you'd text me so I could tell you
I been thinking 'bout your touch like."

Artist: Crush
Song: Tessa Violet
Album: Bad Ideas

Third Person

Jennie and Lisa met the whole volleyball team in a small, old restaurant. The restaurant is smoky and noisy because there are a lot of customers eating, having fun, and drinking alcoholic drinks.

"Yo! Yo! Limario!" Jisoo shouted and motioned for them to sit with them.

Lisa sat beside Jisoo and Jennie were about to sit beside Lisa, but Seulgi beat her to it.

"Let's get wasted." Seulgi said to Lisa and handed her the shot glass, into which she poured soju. "Go drink it."

"I just arrived and we are already going to drink. Are you not going to let me eat at least something first?" Lisa put down the shot glass and grabbed the chopsticks.

"What are you still doing, Jendukie? Take a seat." Jisoo pointed to an available seat, and it's across from Lisa's.

"Since everyone is here, let's eat!" Jessi said, drunkily.

Jeongyeon handed the food tongs and scissors to Lisa, indicating she should help her grill the meat.

Lisa started grilling the meat and putting the cooked meat on a plate so everyone could start eating.

Suddenly, Lisa noticed that Jennie was not moving in her seat and was just staring at the meat she was grilling.

"Here." Lisa put a lot of grilled meat on her plate, and she pushed a lot of side dishes in front of her. "Eat a lot."

Jennie nodded and started eating. Everyone in the team witnessed their interaction.

"Jen, can I ask you something?" Seulgi asked.

"You already asked," Jennie said, and Seulgi shrugged her shoulders.

"How come you joined us here?" Everyone is looking at her, even Lisa, who is still grilling the meat.

"What do you mean, Seulgi?"

"You never join us, even though we beg you." Jennie stopped eating and looked at Seulgi with one raised eyebrow.

"Am I not invited to come here?" Seulgi quickly shook her head. "So, there is nothing wrong with me attending this dinner."

"Let's change the topic before our captain changes her mind." Lisa said, and they all agreed.

Jennie continued eating, and she didn't bother interacting with her teammates.

To be honest, it's Jennie's first time going to a crowded, noisy, and smoky place like this. She didn't know that they would be having dinner in that kind of place.

If she only knew and didn't assume that she was only going to have dinner with Lisa, she would not have come to this dinner.

"Yah! Limario, where are the meats you grilled?" Jeongyeon asked, and Lisa pointed in the direction of Rosé.

Rosé ate quietly and delectably, as if she were filming a commercial. Everyone who sees her right now will crave for the food she is eating.

"She really eats a lot." Nayeon said as she poured water into the rosé glass.