🎼 Prologue

December 25th, 2016.

Danielle ran as fast as she could through the snow drifts, hardly giving a damn about the fact that she could really slip and end up in the trauma unit in the hospital.

It was nothing compared to what could have happened right now. As long as it has not happened ...

In a fit of panic Danielle ran down the road that led to George Michael's private country mansion.

Yes, this singer loved by everyone, who greeted everyone with a warm word and a broad smile. Few, however, knew that behind this mask was a suffering soul. A beautiful man, but at the same time so complicated. 

When she came here to the UK with her little daughter in August this year, she just wanted to believe that her life would get back on track and she could start all over again. Her brother Dante was supposed to help her with this.

She did not know that a celebrity met by pure chance would affect her life so much. That he would make her happy and make her smile again. Which appeared infrequently, especially after the death of her husband Emiliano. Her great youthful love and the father of her child.

Danielle was finally outside the main gate of the mansion - she punched in the code quickly, hoping George hadn't changed the code. Fortunately, that did not happen.

She heard a click and pushed the gate. She slammed it shut and ran to the front door. She was hitting it with her hand, screaming:

—George, it's me, Dani, open it! Open up, please!

She slapped her hands, forgetting the frost and snow and all that fucking holiday mood. There was no atmosphere if George were to do what Fadi had suspected.

Fadi ... Danielle didn't like the guy, but if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be here.

She was home with her daughter Hallie and her brother Dante and his boyfriend Ray when someone called her cell phone.

The number was unknown, but with a strange feeling, she took it.

— Hello? — She asked, and then she heard someone gasping and a familiar voice speaking good English:

—Hello? Danielle? It's me Fadi.

—Hi — Danielle was surprised because Fadi never contacted her directly. — Is something wrong? I admit that I am surprised by your phone ...

—There is a reason — Fadi interrupted her. —Look, we need to move quickly. George got monkey wits and threw me out of the house. He took my keys from me before and I can't go in there now.

— Should I help you make up? — Danielle asked with a slight sigh. She knew the relationship shouldn't go on at all, but George did what he wanted. His deal with Fadi was all about sex and company. In addition, this relationship was tumultuous, and it did more harm than good for both of them.

—No, fuck it — Fadi cursed. —Look, he's been in a terrible state of mind for a long time. I'm afraid that ... — He broke off, then finished, his voice breaking. — That he can do it, this time for real. Until now, somehow it was possible to save him. But now...

—That he might want to kill himself?— Danielle felt a pain in her chest. — Are you sure?

—Yes — Fadi said emphatically. —Will you be able to come now? I'll be pounding on the door, maybe some sense will come to him and open the fucking door.

—Yes.— Danielle looked towards the living room, where her brother Dante was lovingly taking care of her daughter. —I'm on my way.

—Great — Fadi replied nervously. —Only you can convince him not to give up. Only you.

After Danielle said goodbye to Fadi, she entered the living room, where the eyes of the householders rested on her.

—Dani?— Dante looked at her carefully. —What happened?

—Fadi called — she whispered. —George has a problem and I have to go.

—Shit — Dante grew irritated and then remembered about four-year-old Hallie. —Sorry, darling.

—Shit! — Hallie rejoiced and looked delighted at her uncle. —Uncle, you are shit!

—I'll take her — Ray offered her and took the little girl in his arms. —Hallie, are we going to try your new roller coaster?

—Yes! — Hallie let out a shout of joy and when she and Ray disappeared into the other room, Dante was looking at his sister with a frown.

—George's having a problem again? Then maybe he'll get professional help, huh? You're not this guy's therapist! Not after he treated you!

—You don't know him — Danielle grabbed her car keys and jacket. —You all think you know him, but you don't.

—And you know him? — Dante grabbed her arm, but she broke away. —This man will be the cause of your fall. Have you managed to break out of this relationship and what are you doing now? You run to the guy for whom you were a momentary stepping stone! A stepping stone from the guys.

Dante's words made Danielle feel as if someone had stuck a knife through her heart. Still holding her head aggressively, she said:

—Yes, I broke this acquaintance and now I go to him again. And the fact he fucked me, but I wasn't overnight like you.

Dante blushed, and Danielle took advantage of this and ran out of the house, slamming the door. She ran down the stairs and as she got into the car, she took a deep breath to calm herself. She looked towards the front door, where she saw her brother still standing.

She started the engine, and as she set off, she concentrated on getting to Goring safely.

Only you can stop him. Only you.

She didn't think he really had that kind of power, but she knew George and her had a special bond, a feeling. Within a few months, they grew closer and a feeling arose that she would never have expected.

The guy was a self-confessed gay, and yet he succumbed to her, a woman. At 25, she became a widow and single mother, and thought she would never fall in love again.

But she fell in love with a man who might have been her father. As she drove, she tried to call Fadi, but his phone was silent.

Strange...

Danielle drove on, Yog's warm smile still in her mind. Their relationship began innocently, and there was no indication that she would attract his attention.

Being in Goring, at one point a huge snowdrift made it impossible to continue the journey. Nervous, Danielle cursed a few times and slapped her hand on the horn that honked loudly. Then she got out of the car, locked it, and ran as fast as possible towards George's house, which was not far away.

As she banged on his door, Fadi's car was still standing, but he wasn't inside the car.

Danielle pounded her hand on the front door until she was exhausted. Crying, she fell to her knees as the wind tugged at her scarf and jacket.

If Fadi got inside, why don't they open?

She got up and then saw that a light had suddenly come on in George's bedroom, on the first floor. Danielle called out George's name loudly and waved her arms, hoping someone would see her. Either he or Fadi.

But then the light went out and Danielle felt uneasy. An anxiety that made the frost and cold outside seem trivial.