🎼Again, part two

7pm.

After Dominic closed the store, he looked at Danielle and asked:

— What if he doesn't come? Wait with you so you don't come back by bus?

—Dominic, that's sweet of you, but I think he'll keep his word — Danielle said, and he hesitated for a moment. Finally he nodded, said goodbye, and headed for his car. He got in, but did not drive away. He only started the engine when he saw George's Mercedes appear in the distance.

Dominic started and drove away, and Danielle took a deep breath, moved by the unusual circumstances.

George's Mercedes stopped in front of her. George rolled down the window and asked:

— Can I suggest you a magical journey?

—I'd love to — Danielle laughed, and George noticed she had a really nice laugh.

George switched off the engine and got out of the car. He started toward Danielle and, like a gentleman, opened the front passenger door for her.

—Please — he said, and Danielle asked:

— It's surreal, such men do not exist.

— There are, love — George chuckled. — You just rarely see them.

When she got in, George walked quickly towards the driver's side. When he sat down and buckled on his seat belt, he replied:

— Before we go to the shelter, maybe we will visit a charming inn and eat something? You're probably hungry unless you've had a really solid lunch at work.

—I'd love to eat something — she said, and she did get hungry at the thought of what the tavern could offer.

—So here we go — George decided, and after a while they passed over the road. Danielle looked at his profile - he was very handsome, with black and gray stubble.

— How do you like your job? — He asked. — I saw a young man working with you.

—He's my boss, Dominic — she explained. — Work is nice, thank you for asking.

— If I didn't live off music, I'd love to work in a pet store or set up a farm — George laughed. — I love animals, greenery, peace in a word. Once I bought my father a stud; I have a lovely mansion myself in Goring and this is my place on earth.

—I heard about your Goring — she said. — They once wrote in the paper that it was your oasis.

— Yes, but it's best if you know it from me, Dani.— Can I tell you that?

— Yes, sure.

— Newspapers don't always write the truth. I have been at war with them for years, they do not want to detach themselves and enter the life of a public figure with shoes. And they have a special weakness for me.

— Don't worry about it, live your life to the fullest, then everything will be fine.

George didn't answer; they rode in silence for a while, until he stopped the Mercedes in front of the inn.

—Here we are — he said. — Have a nice dinner with a cranky Greek.

— Lovely Greek — Danielle grinned, and he pushed his sunglasses over the tip of his nose and winked at her.

— You are a sweet flatter, Dani.

Danielle unbuckled her seat belt and got out, as did George. As they started towards the inn called the One-Eyed Goose, Danielle noticed: