🎼 Brother's concern, part two

She looked at him, not understanding what was going on. Dante led her through the main entrance, then turned right and found themselves through some door. Dante opened it and let his sister in first.

Danielle stepped inside and what she saw surprised her. She was in a super modern hair salon.

—It's my and Fadi's business —he explained and looked at it all with a broad smile. — They've been telling me for many years what to do, but it's over. Now Fadi and I will be the masters of our fate and money.

— You've been working on this for a long time? — Danielle asked, and Dante murmured:

— For several months. It was supposed to be a friendly investment, and now well, we're a couple and that changes everything. So what do you think about it? About my business?

—That's a great idea.—Danielle smiled. —Good luck.

Dante sat down in the black swivel chair and patted the armrest with his hand.

—Fadi planned to have a source of income for a long time —he said. —He was fed up with George treating him like a parasite.Fadi got something out of his work as a photographer, but it's just a casual thing.

Danielle was silent as her brother stood up:

—Maybe now we will actually go to our parents? Hallie, you wanna see Grandma and Grandpa?

—Yes. —The little girl clapped her hands, and Dante walked over to her and kissed her little nose.

—It's done then, isn't it, Dani?

Danielle hesitated, but the truth was, she did want to see her parents.

—Okay, but take me back soon, okay?

Dante rolled his eyes but said:

—Of course.

After they left, Danielle headed down the hall - she pushed the front door and someone flashed her camera in the face. It blinded her - she screamed, holding her daughter tightly when she heard her brother's voice:

— You motherfucker!

Hallie started to cry when Dante lunged at the journalist who took a photo of his sister. Dante knocked him to the ground, wanting to take the camera from him, but the guy wasn't going to give up so easily.

They struggled, and Dante roared:

—You're not taking pictures of my family! Give it up!

—Fuck you! —The journalist pushed him hard, until Dante fell flat. The guy took advantage of this moment and fled to his car. He got into the car and drove away with a screech of tires.

—Dante.—Danielle wanted to help him up, but he pushed her hand away. Hallie calmed down a bit and Dante said:

—I'm fine. That asshole must have been following us from Highgate.

Danielle was silent, and he stood up and dusted his pants.

—We can't go to our parents, we don't know if any of them will follow us again.

—So we're going back to Highgate —Danielle said softly, and Dante muttered:

—Come on, we're going to my house. I'm not afraid of some journalistic idiots. Hallie, do you want to go to Uncle's house?

—Yes —The girl was dim, but it was enough that Dante added:

—We will eat Smurf ice cream at my place, the one you like best!