🎼 You don't fool me, part one

September 24th, 2016.

Dani, I'm sorry, it's not my fault that I'm fucking scared that someone will come between us. That someone would do anything to quarrel us.

I'm a fucking asshole sometimes, you know? So I beg you, on my knees, forgive me and let's not go back to it.

His attempts to apologize and the pleading look of hazel eyes made her forgive him quickly. Anyway, yesterday she deliberately ignored him, and he knew he had done wrong and had given her time for herself on purpose.

He went somewhere with David and he was gone all day. So Danielle sat with Hallie in this great mansion, having only the dogs and the housekeeper as companions.

Then an unexpected visitor appeared, such as Melanie. Danielle thought she had paid an unexpected visit to her brother, and when she greeted Melanie on the doorstep, she announced that George had left.

—It's possible, but I came to see you this time — she replied and winked at her. —You're almost my sister-in-law after all, right?

Danielle thought her jaw would fall to the floor when Melanie called her almost sister-in-law. An elderly woman came in and replied:

—Honey, we rarely spend time together, I think it's time to change that, don't you think?

Danielle nodded, because what was she supposed to do? Of George's two sisters, she preferred Melanie to Yioda, but still couldn't quite trust Melanie.

She felt that Melanie still thought she was a mistake in George's life, but she never said it out loud.

After they spent two hours in the mansion, where they talked mostly about women's matters, they never once touched upon the subject of George.

Oddly enough, just as Melanie's visit was about to end, George and David showed up.

George greeted his sister warmly, and Danielle had the overwhelming feeling that George had specifically sent her here to watch over Danielle.

He thought she was going to take her daughter and leave? Danielle didn't like the prospect of controlling her because she knew that if she wanted to, she could end it all, pack her bags, and go back to her parents at any moment.

But she didn't want to ...

She was sitting in the kitchen making herself breakfast while Hallie was eating oatmeal at a small table when she heard the phone vibrate.

Danielle looked down at the counter and picked up the phone. It was a text from Riley.

Hi Dan!

I wanted to inform you that we arrived safely and in pieces haha!

I'm staying in my family home and I think maybe you'd like to visit me today? And meet my family? What do you think? xx Riley

Danielle smiled at the meeting. It would be great to break out of these walls and meet an old friend.

George was a perfectionist and he really wanted the new album to be the best in every way. When he left in the morning, he would come back in the late afternoon or in the evening.

He hadn't called Danielle today, and it was while she was reading the text from Riley. When she saw Yog's contact, she bit her lip. But she did.

— Hello?

— Hi honey, how are you?

George's voice was so warm that she felt a great love for the man. She felt that she could forgive him anything.