🎼 I'm getting out of here, part two

As David started the engine, Danielle took one last look at her parents' house. Hallie asked where they were going and she said it was a little trip. She hugged her daughter, knowing that a chapter was closing behind her.

How new it will look will be up to her and George.

***

George was standing in the window looking for the Mercedes that David would bring Danielle and her daughter to. He called Melanie earlier and told her what he had done.

—Do I hear you right?— Melanie took a deep breath. — You and the woman? Are you drunk

—No, completely sober — George said calmly. —Apart from what's happened recently. I'm fed up with short term relationships - this girl has what I'm looking for in partners.

— Yog, you are crazy! How much do you know her? Month? Man, how do you know if this isn't some golddigger! Besides, she has a baby!

— You know I love children — George replied coldly. —I want you to know. You, Yioda and Dad. The whole world will know tomorrow.

Then he hung up and went back to his window seat. Finally the Mercedes stopped, and George's face lit up with a bright smile.

He ran down the stairs quickly and went outside. David had already opened the gate and was carrying two suitcases.

—We are — said David cheerfully, though his eyes remained serious.

—I see — George walked over to Danielle and Hallie. —Hello, ladies.

—Uncle — Hallie smiled and handed him the flower.

—Thank you, sweetie.— George kissed the baby on the cheek. —What a beautiful gift.

—I put it all on one card — Danielle whispered. — I don't think I have to go back to my parents, they are furious. Just like Dante.

—You're in peace here — George said. Then he noticed that some female fans were approaching the gate. — Will you forgive me for a moment?

—Sure.— Danielle was holding Hallie, and George walked over to the women and exchanged pleasantries with them. He gave them autographs and took pictures of them. Then one pointed a finger at Danielle and the baby and asked:

— George, is that your family?

—Maybe — George smiled apologetically. —I'm sorry, my lord, but I have to go back.

The fans nodded and George waited for David to pick up the last suitcase and closed the gate. He led them home, still holding the flower from Hallie.

Once in the corridor, David asked:

— Anything else I can help you?

—No, my friend, thank you — George nodded. —Will you wait for me in my office?

—Yes — David nodded and walked away.

—I'll show you your room — George said to Danielle. —Come on, honey.

He took her third suitcase and started with Danielle behind him.

She hoped her stay here would prove successful. She knew what it would all look like from the side - people would think of her as a fortune hunter, but she didn't care.

She wanted a safe haven for herself and her baby, and just wanted to selflessly care for George.

Once on the first floor, he opened the door to one of the rooms, and as Danielle entered, she was stunned by the beauty of the room. There were beds for her and Hallie, elegant furniture, beautiful toys, a dollhouse.

— God, George — Danielle was impressed with everything. — It's wonderful...

—I hope I did it — he smiled, and Hallie's eyes widened immediately at the dollhouse. Danielle set her down on the floor and the little girl ran straight to the cabin.

She looked at it from all sides and asked, looking at Danielle:

— Mommy, can I play?

—Yes, honey, this is yours — George replied, and Hallie grinned. —You live here now.

— And grandma, grandpa and uncle?

—Maybe they'll be soon — George lied. — For now, it's you and your mom.

Hallie grabbed the dolls and started to play, and George put his hand on Danielle's back and whispered:

— From now on, your life will be wonderful.

—I have a Sunday like this — she said, and he touched her cheek.

— Not let you down. He kissed her forehead. Sorry, but I have to get back to David.

She nodded and as he left she sat down on the rug next to her daughter. She looked around the room - it was beautiful, and from now on it was her new reality. She wanted to believe that George would actually make her happy.

Meanwhile, George met David at the office. David was leaning against the desk and as George entered he began:

— Do you know for sure what you are doing?

—You sound like Mel — George muttered, closing the door. —Of course I know. We want it.

— Yog, I understand you want someone. But she...

— Is she a woman? Yes, I know that. She is a wonderful person and I feel connected with her. And she doesn't want anything from me, I know that.

— You don't know her well ...

—She's not a materialist — George looked him in the eye. —If I told you I had a feeling it was Anselmo who sent her, would you say I'm crazy?

David was silent. He didn't know if George was serious or if it was actually the effects of drugs on his brain. Was he rational?

—You know what condition you are in now — David began. — You can make certain decisions on impulse and ...

—I know what I'm doing — George said slowly. —I want you to reserve a table for us tomorrow at a fancy restaurant.

David nodded and George added:

— If we get photographed, great. Me and Danielle aren't going to hide our relationship.

—I want to believe you really know what you're doing.

George made no comment and then referred to his closest career plans. He was going to work on the record the day after tomorrow and he needed people.

—We have to think about some concerts — George added. — A short tour is not a bad idea. It's time to get back to routine.

A routine that was also supposed to be the new life of Danielle Senna da Silva.