🎼 What are we doing? part two

When they arrived at his Highgate mansion, ironically there was a group of fans, mostly women, waiting there.

—Not that — George groaned as he lowered the window a little. —Why now?

—Fans — Danielle said, and George said:

— I'll take care of it, wait.

—Okay — Danielle nodded, and George winked at her, and as he closed the door she immediately heard squeals and voices from fans chanting his name.

George spoke to them politely - through the lowered window, Danielle saw that he had signed the photos, had taken some photos of himself with the fans. Then he said:

— Beloved, I have guests and I must say goodbye to you.

The fans showed understanding and walked away, and George returned to Danielle. He opened the door like a gentleman and helped her out. Then they took care of Hallie, who immediately wanted to go into her mother's arms.

As George entered the code into the intercom, Hallie asked:

— Mommy, where are we?

—At Uncle Yog's house — Danielle explained, and then George opened the gate for them. They went in when he closed the gate with a soft clink. — It'll be fun, sweetheart.

—It's always fun with me, Hallie.— George smiled at the little girl who hid her face in her mother's collarbone. — She's ashamed now, I'll be sad.

Danielle laughed as George took out the key and unlocked the front door. As they entered, Abby greeted them.

— Doggy! — Hallie perked up instantly, but Danielle didn't know if she could let her daughter contact the strange dog.

—Abby is very gentle — George replied. —She's a lovely old lady. You can be calm about Hallie.

Danielle looked at George and knew she could trust him. She set Hallie on the floor and she walked over to Abby. She reached out and Abby licked her fingers. Hallie laughed, her laugh being contagious.

—Sweet babygirl — George chuckled. — My Abby likes her too.

—It's the fastest friendship in the world — Danielle said, and George put his arm around her. —Like ours, right?

While Hallie was sitting on the dance floor talking to Abbie, George asked:

— Does the name Brigadeiro tell you something?

—Of course — Danielle looked at him. —I love these chocolates!

—I'm glad — George grinned. —I have a whole box for you, if you do me good Coxinha. Can you?

—Of course.— Danielle raised her head proudly. —Do you doubt, Mr. Michael? Do you even have the ingredients?

— Yes, my dear Mrs. Senna da Silva. I'll meet you in the kitchen soon.

***

To Danielle and George's surprise, an unexpected guest showed up - George's sister Melanie.

Melanie Panayiotou, a plump woman in her fifties, grew big at the sight of her brother and a young woman with a toddler.

George was sitting on the rug playing with Barbie dolls with little Hallie, and Danielle was sitting next to them.

—Hi — Melanie said a little stiffly and looked at her brother. —Yog, you didn't say you were going to have guests. I made a cake and I wanted to bring you my apple pie.