Fight? Screw That!

I am human... Or to say the least, was. I don't know though to be honest. I don't understand what a human even is. Some would argue that a human is a living creature that can walk on two legs. Then isn't a chicken a human too? I don't know. I'm too tired to think otherwise. Then again, I do know that I'm not human.

Now what am I then if not human. Well, I'm a Demon. Or so all others have said from the first impression they have of me.

What is a Demon you might ask? Even I'm not to sure. As a Demon's very existence was just a conundrum as the existence of humans.

Nevertheless, I do know that we were born from pure malice discarded from the cycle of reincarnation. As all souls that have died with regrets, despair, anger, the will of vengeance and all other negative essences were wiped clean along with the other positive things as well to become a clean slate to be processed for the next reincarnation.

Of course, the birth of a Demon is a slim chance to occur. By 1 in a million chance a Demon can be born from all that malice being discarded and concentrated into one singular point in the Demon realm. But given that billions upon billions die all the time from different worlds, Demons would occasionally pop up one after another. And about 1 moon ago, I was born.

How long is 1 moon? by human measures, it's close to one month. Or the time it takes for a moon to cycle.

Anyway, I should probably lay low and survive for as long as I can. Why you might ask? Well, it's because if I don't then I'll be dead.

And no. I didn't do any silly crime that would warrant my death. There are no laws here after all. But that's exactly why I should be hiding for my life. As everyone out there is out to either kill me to satiate their hunger for knowledge and magicules or for the pleasure of the sport.

There are a lot of sadistic fellows out there in this hellhole of a Demon realm. And yes if you've already guessed it, those sick fucks are also demons like me... But I'm a unique case.

Anyways, I'm just gonna make myself comfortable in this dark gloomy cave. Hopefully this area is deep enough that I wouldn't have to worry about stray magic spells hitting me. And once I'm cozy enough, it's time to think to myself as a way to pass the time while others out there are killing each other.

Speaking of killing each other, I actually died a lot of times here by the way. First time was not pretty for me for as soon as the world brought me to life, the first thing I see is not the beautiful face of my new mother but a giant fiery mushroom cloud that sundered the lands to waste and killed thousands of demons in the process. Including me.

Lovely. Second time I revived, I was then mawled alive by a Demon dog. Ah, to die almost immediately after my resurrection... It's sad but life can be so surprising, innit?

Then I died again and again. Sometimes killed intentionally, sometimes eaten by other Demon monsters and sometimes caught by a stray magic spell that was casted a mountain away... It's like the world doesn't even want me to live.

After my... What? 13th? 16th? I lost count. Anyway, after I revived again, I then noticed that I felt missing... And hungry too. Turns out that dying a lot of times causes a Demon like me to lose a bit of myself along with my own demonic energy as to recover from the damage to my Demon soul. Any part of myself that will be lost as damage can include my spiritual organs, my memories or a bit of my Skills. And if I keep getting damage or keep dying at this rate, I'll have no energy left to even pull myself from the grave and truly cease to exist. Fortunately, there is another way to restore myself. And that is to eat other demons. Thus, the reason why I'm hungry.

And demons, being the incarnation of malice, are filled with demonic energy that I need to recover. And to obtain demonic energy from them is to out right kill and eat them.