How To Summon A Demon

On top of a tall cliff was a figure. A young man sat with his legs crossed by the cliff edge. With his eyes shut tight as if he was asleep, one would wonder if the man was really asleep, for he emitted no signs of life, not even a twitch of a muscle, as he sat there motionless.

Demonic crows flew above the barren red sky, wanting to rest, they began to descend and perch themselves on the man's shoulders. They used their beaks to scratch the itches in their feathers and stretched their wings, or whatever birds do when they rest. I don't know, I'm not a bird expert.

Suddenly, my eyelids twitched as I began to open them. Before their demon instincts could tell them the danger they were in, the demon crows exploded. Causing their feathers to fall chaotically to the ground.

I swear I'm no scarecrow but I ain't gonna let some bird brains turn my body into their crib.

I slowly stood up and stretched my old ass until every in my body popped. After a good shake, I look around my area.

8 years had passed since I evolved and woke up from that world of temptation. Not a lot of time for an immortal demon but quite plenty for a busy person like me.

However, it's getting quite lonely in the demon realm to be honest. Apparently, after the 7 Primordials left to stay in the cardinal world, there's been a huge power vacuum since none of the opposing 3 colored factions were here to keep the rogues in a tight leash. It got chaotic in the first year but later on as the situation stabilized, only powerful greater demons from the yellow, purple and white remained as winners and took the mantle from their respective primordial lords.

To be honest, the demon world didn't feel quite the same without the Primordials putting everything under their tyranny. Battles between factions just didn't feel the same and the demon realm got even less scary for me since the Primordials took the cream of the crop with them to the cardinal world to serve their new master. Thus, how things got boring.

I know well there'll be plenty of demons to fill up the missing shoes here in the demon realm but that would take another millennium or two to even start noticing some rising powerhouses. And I'm simply not going to waste my time here because of that. No, I don't give two shits about this place after all.

What I'm most interested in is what's going in the cardinal world lately. Just a few years ago, Armageddon had been unleashed and a great war between gods took place. While I mostly didn't care since Armageddon happens every 500 years or so and an army of angels will just descend to destroy any advance civilization that's modernizing too far, this particular war between mortal and heaven had been quite interesting since the opposing faction was a monster country ruled by a slime king.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Slime? You mean the weakest monsters in the fantasy world? Those blob of gelatinous things that only melt clothes and armor from girls while devouring the whole body of boys?

Depends on what genre you know, but the interesting part here is that this slime is a friend with a True F U Dragon and is as powerful as the strongest demon lords. Powerful enough to stand toe to toe with powerhouses like the Destroyer Demon Lord and The Red Demon Primordial!

What's even better is that 4 of the demon primordials are now serving under the slime king's as subordinates along with a legion of 700 greater demons!

And to top it all off, the dying will of Veldanava has declared the slime to be his successor and now the cardinal world is ruled by a new living God!

First time I heard it I was like, holy shit! Is this for real?! Like so many other demons when they heard it first time. It would be quite a shock that a slime had the power to match the Red Primordial. It's even more shocking that 4 of the remaining Primordials decided to serve the slime king as their master. Then no words can describe what a bomb drop it was to learn that God almighty himself decided to choose the slime of all things as his sole successor!