Ultra Instinct?

A flash of red stokes the air and leaves a gash of crimson. Red blood paints the marble floor and a dissected arm falls. Two figures clash head on one more time in a brawl to the death. Their weapons aimed for the vital kill. But the victor was clear to be seen.

I attack with my light saber at the virtual copy of my Mistress emulating her masterful display of combat down to the tee.

I could clearly see that she had long predicted my next move and was moving to intercept that, but in an instant, my moves changes the attack patterns distracting her from the unseen blow straight to her neck.

I realize one thing battling the Mistress thousands of times in this virtual world. It's that people that aren't demons like to anticipate the unexpected. Especially in combat.

Demons in hell don't generally think a few steps into the future when it comes to taking action. That was why so many of them were easier to dispatch because they move so predictably. The Mistress on the other hand wasn't a demon. She was a fully capable person with a handy skill called future-attack prediction. This allowed her to see through my feints and illusions and quickly counter. Dealing with such a skill thousands of times led me to discover how difficult it was to combat her, but it made me also realize a weakness to it.

Because it's one thing knowing the future, it's another thing preventing it.

Also, the skill happens to activate in reaction to my initiated attacks, thereby giving much needed info to come up with countermeasures. But she wasn't the only one with handy skills.

I on the one hand was learning how to bring out more from my skills. More specifically, the sub-skill: Danger Reaction. A skill that forcefully creates a barrier to block any harmful forces.

For the longest time, this skill has been extremely handy. But I mostly took it for granted since I always left active barriers covering me. And if my instincts screamed danger, I just put up more barriers.

Just recently however, I realize that instinctively reacting to changes in combat is insanely useful. More often that my skill danger reaction would produce enough barriers depending on the danger I sense. But I wanted more from it so I began experimenting and bringing about results that would help me improve my capabilities.

[Notice: Skill: Martial Arts has been acquired]

Through trail and error, I came to acquire a skill that I more or less found useless considering I was more or less a very capable combatant in both melee and deception and wondered why did I acquire it. But then I thought about what I have been doing all this time, instinctive sensing the danger from my Mistress' attacks, and then reacting to it. It was a form of defensive martial arts in a way.

But in the end, the skill only allowed me to perform the normal martial arts and make efficient and effective moves in combat. Nothing more, nothing less. Which I found utterly useless.

And when I used it, I just found myself more predictable since I only used highly efficient and effective moves. Making it an obvious weakness.

Then I thought, hang on, what if I add the effects of the skill Martial Arts to the barrier created from Danger Reaction covering my whole body using my other skill: personal space; that let's me add effects of any skill in my repertoire to a barrier?

Sure enough, after I added it, my whole body automatically began moving on its own to counter in a split second. My Mistress predicted this move and made changes to her patterns, but in response to this, I found myself cutting her arm with my lightsaber in the next moment.

My Mistress of this virtual world gave no hint to scream in pain and she launches magical attacks at me while distancing herself. Meanwhile my body moved on its own to bring out the speed of Mach 3 with the help of my angel wings and shot forth straight towards her.

The mistress' head was decapitated from her neck, killing her instantly. Like I said, it's one thing to know the future, it's another thing preventing it.

I did this a few hundred times more as I battled more virtual Mistresses time and time again, into l fully grasped the fundamentals of such new found power and gained complete control over it. I mastered this new style of combat so much that I was doing it subconsciously and so far been gaining the upper hand in every battle.

And to how effective this style was outside the simulation, there was only one way to find out.

This style of fighting was such a new improvement and far different from how I usually handle with my illusions and trickery. I then named this Fighting Style with a simple name: Technique.

While the fighting styles involving my illusions and deceptions will be called: Trick.

What? You thought I would call it with a cringy name like Ultra Instinct? As if.

This is a Tensura fanfic, not a DBZ one...

Anyway, it was time to actually end this simulation training. And as much as it was exhausting fighting 8 hours straight non-stop, this course had only sapped my mental energy. My corporeal body back in the real world was actually slowly absorbing the abundant magicules in the suite. Recovering the energy I lost that time I fought with the real Mistress.

I then closed my eyes as the skill Simulate deactivated, by opened my eyes back to the real world, I was beset with the most beautiful face of a girl I've ever seen. Her visage so close to mine that I can feel her breath and her lips drawing near to mine.