You Know, I'm Something Of A Scientist Myself

Disclaimer: I'm not a scientist.

Science... A name that comes a long way from being defined as just natural philosophy.

It is one of the backbones of building modern civilizations, the fire that burns the veil of mystery covering the vast universe, the current understanding of the world.

And mankind's greatest ,and crudest, double-edged sword.

When people think of science, they often assume it's a subject only the most renown academics and intellectuals would field in.

How quick they are to forget that compared to last century, they are less ignorant of matters behind reality itself.

And that alone should define science. For the fruit of science is the result of discovering more questions than answers.

* * *

"Alright... Hold still... There!"

"That kinda tickled." I said as needles attached to tubes pierce into my body where my angel wings grew out of. Sighing in discomfort, I look to the Pink Oni, who now wore a lab coat over her dress.

Looking every bit of a gleeful witch.

"Quit complaining, will you?" the pink Oni said. "The less I hear you talking, the faster you can get out of here."

'Do you hate me?' I wondered in confusion not knowing the reason for her behavior.

But I shrugged it off anyway. Never really liked pompous brats too.

I look at the contraptions surrounding me as instruments and containers both vital and in excess all blared to life with their terminals gauging the values, measuring the parameters and reading the conditions.

The Pink Oni went to her computer where my friend, princess Yuzuki, and princess Luna stood with uneasy looks. After tapping in a few commands on the keyboard, the pink Oni "Alright, all set. Now start."

Not even giving me the chance to be ready, I flinched as I felt my essence getting sucked out from the needles as they forcefully obtained my magicules, demonic energy, life force and divinity. The filter device obtaining my essences does it job filtering my divinity from the unwanted substances and fills up a 1 liter magic container. The rest of the substances goes back to me via separate tubes to the needles injected in me.

It was a good thing that as a demon, I had good pain tolerance otherwise a back pain would be the least of my worries. After a liter of divinity was sucked out of me, the process finished rather quickly and I was freed from the needles and stood up.

I felt really odd after that blood donor act like I feel a bit weaker than I should be. But I shrug it off and approached the trio looking over the computer outputting molecular analysis over my divinity.

"Just as I've guessed, the moron's divinity has a unique waveforce signature completely different from other divinity samples." the pink Oni said with a serious gaze studying over the data. "I'll name this MD-001 for research purposes and begin the Artificial Life experiment."

We refrain bothering the pink Oni as we watch her go nuts. She extracted a bit of divinity into a vial and then puts the rest on a temporary storage, locked away for safe keeping.