Task Failed Successfully

Langley POV

What the hell... I thought with tiresome dismay as I once end being surprised by the demon time and time again.

I swear, this guy was full of it. Almost unpredictable. But at the end of the day, I unexpectedly won the fight. And by extension, benefitted from the established contract.

Oh well, task failed successfully, I guess...

I slowly stood up while resisting the pain. Great Sage-sensei began healing my wounds while excluding the demon. I can tell already but she really doesn't like him, huh?

And speaking of the demon, he was laying flat up on his ass looking vulnerable. His body for the most part is so cracked as if he was a statue about to collapse. But even so, the horrified expression of his visage wa all for me to see. Absolute fear was evident from his trembling eyes. Damn, he looks so pitiful that I almost wanted to comfort him...

Sensei, can you run a scan on my mental faculties. Am I being charmed?

<<Acknowledged: Scanning mental operations and sensory faculties... Results: due to exposed exhaustion and slow recovering stamina, your operational condition is not fit to perform concise and logical decisions>>

Oh, so I'm just tired, huh? Got me worried there. I thought I got a crush on him or something, ain't that funny, sensei?

<<Hahahahaha: that was a funny joke, master. Of course you cannot possibly find this joke of a demon attractive>>

Okay, sensei, I don't mean to be rude, but you laughing is scary as hell. So, don't do it again.

After having a mental argument, the demon slowly stood up and his body began to heal up. A second later, he looked good as new. But even so, he was starting fade like Spider-Man in iron man's arms.

"Hey dude, you're fading, are you alright?"

"Yeah... I don't feel so good..."

He said as if he was about to disappear into atoms.

"Hey, don't dust off in front of me! Do you know how much I've sacrificed to get a demon like you?"

"... As far as I recall, all you did was summon me with a vast amount of Magicules, but just asking, what did it cost?"

"Everything, dammit!"

I yelled and the demon chuckled.

"Relax, Langley... No, Mistress. I will keep my end of the contract. And will see your wishes fulfilled. This, I swear on the name of my princess."

"That's good then. Then I'll be counting on you. Also, call me Langley." I put out my hand.

"Of course, Mistress Langley." and the demon shook my hand with his.

"Just Langley will do." I smiled feeling warmth from his touch. And then I asked, "Say, got a name?"

"Not in this life."

"That's inconvenient. What should I call you then?"

"Hmm... What about Y/n? Y/n L/n."

Hearing that made me burst out laughing.

"Y/n L/n? what kind of stupid name is that? Sounds like a reader insert on a fanfic. Do yourself a favor dude and screw that name, k? I'll give you a cute name that hopefully won't cringe us both to death."

"...Whatever you say." the demon shrugs.

Afterwards, the professor ended the whole demon summoning session with Fritz-sama declaring me the winner of the duel. I as advised to rest for the day which I wholeheartedly agreed then my two besties came and helped me to my dorm where I can finally rest. To say the least, it's been a very exhausting day.