Author Talking Ignore If You Want

I didn't ask to be born. Period.

Okay, finally got that out of my system, it's time i talk about the story.

That time i got reincarnated as a demon is a fanfic set on a timeline 15 years after the Tenma war. Rimuru is God's replacement as God wills it and he has a harem. The Tempest federation is doing oh so well leading the world's economic development and becoming the world's most advance civilization governed by godlike beings.

Enter our protagonist who missed out on all the action he could've participated if he had gone to the cardinal world instead of hiding from demon paparazzi. He sets out with no specific goal in mind and goes with the flow unless some matters requires his intervention. His ultimate goal being was to reunite with his princess to once again be her bodyguard to protect her life and her smile.

His past life was a mess you normies can't possibly relate to. Parents didn't love him, bullied in school, joined a violent gang, enlisted in the military only to be dishonorably discharged, a man who went through so much untold hardships can only endure so far before breaking. But hope came to him in the form of a job offer given to him by the princess. To job was simple, protect her as her bodyguard.

Little did he know this was his chance at salvation as slowly over the course of his career, he quickly became one of the most trusted and loyal men to ever serve the princess as she was the pivotal character that made our protagonist who he is. And he has redeemed himself through his sacrifice to shield the princess from her enemies.

By some twist of fate, his life was not over as he reincarnates into a lesser demon in the demon realm of the Tensura universe.

He quickly notices how his worldviews were flipped upside down as death cannot even end the eternal anguish of dying countless times due to his lack of power, slowly but surely chipping away his sanity if nothing was done. But quickly adapting, he manages to find out his abilities and limits and decides to put his fate back into his hands and fight.

Using the vaguely explained power of his Unique Skill: Protector along with his intrinsic skills as a bona-fide demon, he slowly accumulates the power he needed to overcome the odds stacked against him. Dozens of years later patiently grueling his way until he could finally match and defeat the greater demons whom have remained dominant in the demon realm with his masterful manipulation over his skills.

But growing to overconfident of his abilities, he had become complacent and ventured out from his comfort zone with reckless abandon.

His carelessness will strike him back as a bored primordial had noticed his eccentric way of combat and decided to toy him.

New weaknesses began to show as how easily our protagonist gets manipulated as the primordial leads him by the nose. With the roots of his ego revealed and his desires turned on him, the primordial proved to him that trickery over skill was not enough to fully grasp one's fate. One must possess pure unbridled power that completely dominates all opposition and the will to flip the entire battlefield to truly master one's existence.

To prove the primordial's point even further, the former planted the seed of our protagonist' turning point and used his desires against him to deviate from his original development route. His existence was toyed as well as his fate tampered. Our protagonist will venture a completely unknown path to power no one has ever gone and done.

Out of willingness or not, our protagonist came to realize what is truly important should he move forward or surrender to his new fate. His very wish to return by the princess side to protect her again was born and because of that, he evolved as if he was being reborn.

And that's the summary. I could've narrated the story more... Poetically like this setting had I not ran out of drugs to get high.

Just kidding, I don't support drug abuse. If you are prescribed by doctors otherwise, please recover your health and take care not to relapse. Sincerely, someone stoobid enough to eat brownies at a college party without knowing what's mixed in it.

So this is the story so far. I've taken care not to spoil the plot any further. And also, I am not sorry for my poor attempt at comedy. I still think I'm funny and don't try to shame me about it... It's the only thing I'm proud of other than owning a holographic charizard card.

I will try to improve my comedic skills for my sake and not for you. I don't live to entertain you after all. I just want to tell stories I thought deeply about while adding a bit of my flavor so people will know what I wrote is actually funny but~

Meh, my motivation to improve is empowered by the digits that remain in my bank account. Which is slowly dwindling because... bills.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great time this coming holidays. This year has been hard on all of us and we've been through a lot. It's crazy how we still even function as a society despite what's happening around us. Perhaps you have had it worse than me and maybe it's not my place to say this but live well.

Live well so that others will follow suit.

That's all for now. Stay safe and good luck next year.