The Demon Who Showed Up Late

Today, Langley Vikville, a bright scholar student of Tempest Academy was walking with other students of her class outside to the practice field following their professor.

This morning schedule was reserved for demonology course and the class of 2-E were now discussing to themselves in excitement about how they were finally going to be summoning their very own demon familiars.

If this was 20 years ago, this kind of discussions would've been normally conversed by an inner circle of some evil cult and would've been persecuted by the holy knights. As demons and the talk of summoning them would generally attract nothing but tragedy and despair unleashing such catastrophic incarnate out into the world.

But after the King of the monster nation, Rimuru Tempest became God, one of his many reforms to the world was giving human rights to demons and a chance of gaining citizenship. Of course, this only applied to the monster nation the Tempest Federation as no other country could possibly accommodate and treat demons as if an equal neighbor to live with. But the bizarre cohesion and lack of discrimination Tempest citizens boast proudly of made it possible to live with demons and monster along with mortal men. As demons did ot look down on others and showed eagerness to live among us.

Due to such a utopia existing, the world economy was seeing an unprecedented level of development lead by the Tempest federation as they control the most trade routes that extend from the Empire ruled by the great hero Masayuki to Eldorado ruled by the fallen hero Demon Lord Leon.

And thanks to such economy, private and public institutions were advancing to modernity from their barbaric medieval traditions. One such institution was the Tempest Academy founded by the king of monsters Rimuru Tempest and the Tempest Bereau of Research and Development.

If one were to compare Tempest Academy to ivy league universities, then Tempest Academy definitely ranks top in producing the most valued talents and groundbreaking results to ever grace this earth. Tempest Academy had everything an aspiring scholar could dream of. Facilities that can accommodate millions of people, equipment resources that could possibly experiment countless scientific hypotheses and magic theories that would otherwise be shelved to collect dust because no research institute has the equipment to unveil the hidden answers of so many questions. Their libraries and information servers were the top of the line and the knowledge that has been collected would date as far back as the age of antiquity.

Aside from that, the level of education was simply incomparable to other schools. Here in Tempest Academy, they believe that students will learn when they want to learn. Motivated to become wise not because society requires them to, but because they want to become something more than themselves. That's why the academy gave its students free autonomy of what they want to study and when they want to do it. They only need to pay for the classes if they want to learn from respected professors and they only way to graduate from the academy was to pass examinations that will test them in mastering their desired fields.

Gone were the days where a student needed to wake up early and reach school before 8 am. Only to toll on the day repeatedly as their classes were fixed in timetable schedules with teachers you don't even like and only to be told by a bell when to go home.

Such a method of educating people had naturally attracted many scholars and researchers who wish to learn without the limitations of their circumstances and desire such freedom of studying that they all immigrated to Tempest.

And because the Tempest federation outlaws the discrimination between races that are certified citizens of Tempest, Tempest Academy naturally has a variety of races studying there. Ranging from humans to kijin and elves to beastmen and vampires to giants and demons to monsters.