This World Is Unfair, Go Grovel And Die

3rd pov

The look of regret dissipates as quickly as soon as the demon lifts his face up from bowing down.
Her highness, Yuzuki watches the demon before her straighten his posture and holds his long sword with one hand.

He was a very polite demon in the form of a short man, his dark blue three-piece suit accented his dashing looks. And his golden eyes glowing a deep blue demonic light lock onto hers. He wasn't gushing an aura of strength but his level of control over his training weapon gave her what she need to know that he's a very powerful, and also dangerous one.

'Grampa Hakurou said I shouldn't underestimate others. Especially against demons who can take on human forms.' Yuzuki's thoughts accelerate as she gestures a bow of respect.

'I've heard rumors about an outsider demon who bested one of Tempest Academy's prodigies.' Yuzuki lifted her face up and took a look at the demon again.

'So of those rumors are true, the he must be the one who beat the Holy Mage.' And her eyes begin to sparkle in excitement hoping to enjoy playi-no, dueling with such a skilled master.

She then holds her Odachi with two hands, the bladed edge facing forward with its tip reaching higher than her height. Her grip strengthened and her gaze ever so vigilant, facing the demon with a sword in hand, the Oni princess took a step, and seemingly warping from the distance, she appeared before the demon, sword overhead, and swung it down.

"Hah!" she cried with a downward slash at the speed of Mach 2 that screamed a sonic boom. It was a simple, elegant, and destructive slash that seeks to obliterate forward. And the demon in the face of it, simply blocks it with his sword in one hand.

A mistake that cost him an arm and both legs to crack from the force and cause the ground beneath him to cave in deep.

The demon grits in shock trying to stand up to such power. The slash was so great that he had to hold the sword with two hands now to struggle against his predicament. Now their blades lock against each other, one can see who amongst the two are struggling the hardest. As the crack on his body began to further fracture, the demon eases his situation by stepping back.

The Oni Princess then retracts her her blade and leaps back. Not desiring to press any further and wait for the demon to recover.

"Are you okay?" asked the Oni Princess.

"I'm fine." said the demon without a beat but struggles to keep his legs from trembling.

The demon ponders as his thoughts accelerated, he had accounted for everything in that one attack even knowing well how ridiculous the Oni princess' strength was but after that, he was certain that he became uncertain. He couldn't properly judge her attacks until they hit and only then can he measure the odds will it be too late. He can't count on the fact that he has faced similar foes because none of them were like the Oni before him. She was gifted with godlike power and logic doesn't function well to her actions. The only good thing was that she was using an Odachi and not her fist.

Because from that one attack alone, the demon had found out that the Odachi wasn't meant to amplify her attacks, it was meant to hold her back.

Just imagining the moment when she doesn't use the Odachi on him made him shudder.

The demon grunts and if he had lungs, he would've been panting. But he merely looked at the Oni princess and saw the hidden message from her glancing eyes.

'Do your best.'

The demon then healed his body and the cracks forming on his limbs reverts itself back to perfect health as if time was reversed. And he stared, nodded, raising his open hand, and flicked his fingers.