It's Free Real Estate, Baby!

The trials scenes in this chapter describes how I battled my Writer's Block.

Mojimaru was a busy person who happened to stop by and helped a lot of people, including me. And when she was satisfied, she makes a bad excuse and leaves.

"Don't forget our date, dummy." she said and wave goodbye and left me to myself. I turn to the opposite direction where she left and continued my walk.

It was possibly the luckiest day of my life. I've never been this productive before and somehow I was continuing to see improvements in myself.

As expected of the Tempest Academy, even if you're not a student, they can really bring out the best out of people.

But even so, I was still pissed.

I never had my soul so violated like this. With the exception of the Primordial Black Noir and that time when the world suspended and a crushing force crept into my demon core, this was the only time where I felt a part of myself became mangled that I could barely control my rage.

I felt like if I don't destroy a city block or something to ease this rage, I might just kill everyone on sight.

But I can't do that here, the demons are still stalking me, waiting for me to fuck up my one and only opportunity to have a peaceful life.

Ah geez, it's times like this you wish weed was legal...

No wait, can I even get high?

Pondering uselessly over questions that have no substantial interest, I continue walking to new grounds hoping anything there will be interesting enough to distract me from my rage.

Oh? What's that?

My attention focuses on a particular place that didn't seem to stand out much in the arena yards but because I saw very muscular and toned young men struggling to 'walk' a single step in this seemingly empty boulevard, my interest was piqued.

I approach a nearby person and asked,

"Good sir, how do you do? May I know what's going on with those fine young men there?"

"Oh them?" this random guy replied, "They are taking the Trial of Zegion's Temperance."

"Trial of what now?" I tiled my head at him.

"Oh, so you're new?" he asked.

"Kinda. How'd you know?"

"Well, everyone here knows the greatest Martial Arts Monster of the Lords of the Labyrinth and anyone who wants to be his disciple has gotta pass his trials at the hardest difficulty setting."

"Oh, kinda like a trial by fire."

"You can say that. But no one has actually passed his trial in over fifteen years since its inception."

"Interesting..." I said and thought, "What makes it so difficult though?"

"Well, hard to say really, but you'll get a better answer if you try it out yourself. I'm not much of a masochist like those guys really. And we mostly just test out the durability of prototype golems using the those trials."

"Masochist?"

"Yeah, masochist. Like those guys walking over there. Seriously, it's futile to pass the trials at the hardest difficulty setting. But they kept trying anyways but I think they'll give up in a year or two."

"What's the merit in passing the trial though?"

"Well for one thing, you're guaranteed to be a disciple of Zegion-sama."