The Battle Of Two Big Brains

What is a genius?

A genuinely foolish question the average plebeian would inquire extensively to furtively pass the time away.

But in all seriousness, what are they really?

Someone who has mastered the art since their inception? A person born with prodigious talent? A destined child blessed by the starry heavens? why do they shine so brightly? why do they inspire such false sense of hope? why do we despair when pit against each other? why aren't we equal? why?

Despite how many would praise them, they were, in reality, unfair creatures.

Such beautiful, unfair creatures should not exist among us.

Yet, they exist. Here they are. Two of them. Pitted against each other in a contest of might. Each to their own corners in an arena to bear their duel. Encircling them afar were the excited gazes of spectators that were about to witness what they potentially can become through grueling, rigorous hard-work invested with absolute patience. Discussing amongst themselves as if they bore no part in the action. All equally unaware how much sacrifice they have to make to even catch a glimpse of their figure ahead in the race to the top.

But enough of the normies. Our attention must now focus in these two geniuses that were destined to cross paths.

The demon and the maiden. Two seemingly extraordinary beings stare at each other's figures as to ascertain the opponent's motives. The duel had begun long ago but they have yet to make a move. Seconds pass by the dozen and the silence between grew increasingly tense. Then as if to answer the gentleman's courtesy of "Lady's first", the maiden made the first move.

The first one to notice her actions was the demon. On guard for whatever was coming, he lowered his center of gravity. But the changes in the maidens eyes unnerved him. Those red, spirited eyes were suddenly replaced with sharpness. Cold, calculating sharpness. And with a mechanical voice of a maiden, she commands as if she wills the heavens.

<<MANIFEST>>

Suddenly, pure holy power that was sleeping within the maiden's core awoke by her will with a mighty roar. It's heavenly essence envelops the entire arena and beyond. Alarming all witnesses and even the demon himself. As he bears the full brunt of being burned under the presence of such an inviolable creature.

The spectators look in awe.

"Oh my God! Is that the holy spirit Langley had made a spirit pack with?! This is the first time I'm seeing it and it's so powerful! It must be a superior level spirit!"

Those with superficial knowledge of the subject would nod to agree but those knowledgeable enough know that they were witnessing a rarity in this world.

Spirits were generally supernatural life-forms that reside in the spirit realm. Like demons, they feed on magicules or any other magical sources that associates to their respective elements. And one should know that only four kinds of spirits prosper while any other element was a rarity by itself.

Fire, earth, water and wind. Only four spirits were known to exist. However, contrary to that accepted fact, the light spirit exist. So did the darkness spirit. And then did the time spirit. And so did the space spirit. Discoverers of these exquisite creatures call them attribute spirits rather than elemental spirit.

Not to mention a spirit's evolution was to be considered in the scale. As like demons, there exist lesser spirits, greater spirits, and superior spirits. With the first ranking weaker to their final evolution as superiors. And obviously as such holy attributed shone so intense made it clear that the maiden had made a spirit pact with a superior spirit.