The True VR Experience

It was certainly an interesting talk I had with Sera. And I more or less had a grasp of what to look forward to during my stay in Capital Rimuru.

However, knowing isn't enough to prepare me for what's to come and even then, I know not enough.

So I must start building foundations here. I must acquire wealth to expend on resources, a base of operations, connections to influential VIPs, a standard reputation of a philanthropist... So much things to do now, but mainly, I need a body. And Langley... No, mistress has kept it for me.

Oh well, I'm not in a hurry. Though I think I should be more worried what my new mistress' goals are. It couldn't be simple as redeeming a fallen status in aristocracy? With her power and talent, she would be well off by now.

Perhaps the rumor of her fallen linage was just a front to the real problem?

I tried asking Sera of my mistress' worries and she merely said that I ask her myself.

I could force the answer out of her... Not. Even though we're in a such a luxurious suite, I can sense the presence of multiple people surveiling this area every second with no blindspots. If I make the wrong move, I won't be surprise if the swat team came busting in.

Why do you think I'm so well behaved here?

In any case, I'll ask my mistress tomorrow and figure things out with ourselves. Even if we are in an employer-employee relationship, I must prioritize what can be prioritize.

Sera at the moment had slumbered to a deep sleep. I found it strange that a demon like her could sleep. I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to. And I would be envious if only she wore some proper pajamas...

Meanwhile, I was sitting in the sofa while staring at the flat 40 inch smart TV. The TV wasn't on, but I was analyzing it with my Skill: Analysis. And I completely understood the schematics of the technology, how each component functioned, what programs it had and other interesting things.

Learning well about the blueprints of the TV allowed me to deduce the actual technological level of the country. Since the TV is using micro-LED display, with voice control, I figured this tech was around early to mid 22nd century modern earth standards. That seems to go the same for other appliances as well.

Then I studied the infrastructure of the suite and found out this building was stacked with reinforced concrete on a magic steel frame. An outstanding marvel of engineering considering how difficult it is to produce magic steel in other metallurgical fields other than tools and weaponry.

Also, the furniture was exquisitely comfortable no matter my position. But I was more comfortable sitting upright on the sofa. Heck, it was so comfy I thought I was sitting on clouds. The level of comfort made me worry less on the spying eyes beyond the walls. And I began formulating a contingency plan in case things gets hairy.

After making a rough draft in case everyone wanted to kill me, I then closed my eyes and begin my daily training.

What, you thought I could get some R&R after getting out of hell? Ha! Only weaklings grow complacent.

Power is but a powerful illusion, but strength gained through training is eternally real.

As soon as I closed my eyes, I then activated my Unique Skill: Computer to run the skill: Simulate.

The skill Simulate was a goddamn handy skill that got me out of desperate situations. But it's true function was to let me 'Experience' the different possibilities in accordance to the situation. In its Automatic Mode, it only seeks to produce the highest possible outcome that matches my goals. In Deep Mode however, the function becomes quite different.