Ah, Sh**, Here We Go Again.

Screams and gunshots resounded in a gunfight between two parties. Both of them continuously unleash a rain of lead at each other while barricading themselves from the damage.

One of them was fervently emptying his rounds at the enemy with a desperate look on his face. Growing pale and gritting his teeth to endure the gunshot wound that fatally damaged his lungs, he took down another enemy. Only to intensify the battle.

"Shit! I'm out!" he cursed as his pistol clicked with an empty magazine. He reached into his pocket and took out a magazine, reloaded his pistol and started blasting again.

"We can't stay here! Where's our exfil!" said another man shooting at his enemies.

"They're already outside! We need to move now!"

"Okay, cover the princess. WE ARE LEAVING!"

"Go! 3x"

The party begins surrounding a girl as they quickly leave the venue towards outside. Suddenly, one of them got shot in the knee, disabling him from walking with the party. Down on all fours, the person screamed in pain.

"****!" the girl screamed his name as she looked back. She went pale when she saw him wounded. And was about to rush towards him. Only to be stopped by those who were protecting her.

"Go! Get her out of here, I'll cover you!" he said, Turing around and shooting back at the enemy.

The battle continues with the enemy slowly advancing. But they were too late. The princess was long gone as he successfully stalled the enemy... With the price of his own life.

Laying down on the ground with blood slowly forming a deep red pool, the enemy slowly approaches. He's out of bullets and out of stamina. Too wounded to even get up and fight.

Hehehe... So this is how I die... He thought deeply to himself. And as his consciousness slowly starts fading to black, his past begins lighting up like a revolving lantern. So much of his life just didn't go well no matter how much he tried. And even if it did went well, he was always at a bad place at the wrong time.

Growing up with parents that didn't care about him, having a bullied school-life, joining a violent gang, enlisting in the military, only to dishonorably discharged, it sucked for the most part. Only after he met the princess did his life began to change for the better. He got himself a job as her bodyguard, he met people he could call friends, and... And he fell in love.

Shame, he had to die with so many regrets.

If there is a next life, I wish to always be by your side to protect you.

<<Unique Skill: Protector has been acquired>>

Then the scene blackens as he got shot in the head to put him out of his misery.

I open my eyes and look around. Still in the same old cave that smells like a new car. How quite.

I actually fell asleep. How shocking. Given that I'm already a Demon, I should have long abandon the need to sleep. And it wasn't a very good sleep either. A bad memory cropped up from his past life. I sighed, and stood up.

Yosha! Another day, another time to be alive.

I went outside humming a tune of a song I liked listening from my past life.

Suddenly, 6 demonic rats pounced on me from the holes on the caves walls and let out menacing screams. Only to be frozen mid air as a barrier effect caught them in place.

You guys never learn, do you? I smirked and watch the rats explode from the inside using my magic. Turning into vapor which I then inhaled like it was burning incense.