Meeting The Idol

A short recap,
Our estranged demon made a scene in Tempest Academy, causing nothing short of a bad relationship to start between him and a certain devoted insectoid.
But out of the argument, he had learned two things.
One: he's still weak as shit.
Two: he now owns his own property.
After a short celebration, he continues to venture what the academy has in store for him, unbeknownst that he had caught the interest of a certain Otaku dragon, and the attention of an old friend he betrayed long ago.

* * *

Mr. Ireallyneedtogivehimaname POV

'I should probably return Yuzuki's textbook while the day is still bright.' I thought to myself after a short assessment of my new possessions. As I've noticed one of them happens to belong to someone else. So I aimed to return it to its rightful owner.

Keeping the skeleton key I obtain from that scary insectoid, I then retrace my steps back to the laboratory I came out of before meeting Mojimaru.

Once I was there, it's ambience full of scientific progress never ceases to amaze me. I walk the clean sanitized halls as the footfalls echo amidst the many random footfalls of others. No one seemed to question my presence here as the lab coat wearing men and women go about minding their own business.

As I came close to my destination, I notice a lone girl walking towards me. Her most noticeable feature was her white hair that was white as snow and her maidservant dress she wore. And her eyes hiding the heterochromatic irises notice my presence. A small smile forms on her face as she was happy to see me.

And I respectfully bow my head to the fourth princess of Tempest.

"Greetings, Luna-sama. I'm honored to be at your service."

Luna, the dear child, bowed her head to without a word. And when we raised our heads at the same time, awkward silence loomed between us.

"..."

"... So..."

"..."

I really feel like she's trying to tell me something as she keeps staring at me with such intensity. Come to think of it, she hasn't really said a word ever since we've met.

But I swear she really was trying to tell me something with her seemingly unflinching gaze that's going to bore a hole through me. Is it some kind of silent language only a specific few could understand? Do I have to play this charade too? Or is she really using a telepathic skill?

But if she's really using a telepathic skill, how come I don't hear her words mentally?

Oh, right.

I have a mental barriers that prevent intrusion into my mind.

I keep forgetting that ever since it hasn't really worked as it was intended and all the demons in hell had been nothing but a general annoyance. They always somehow struck my nerves and I ended up doing genocide to pass the time...

Sigh... Truly a hellish place that can drive one to madness.

Anyways, realizing such a theory, I attempted to lower my mental barriers little by little in order to hear the little princess' thoughts.

Fun fact, demons like myself have this native quirk to intuitively guess an individual's true desires just from perceiving the exposed thought patterns from the unguarded mind. We then use those desires to exploit a desperate state from our prey to have them offer more for a demon's service.

In short, I have Mind-reading powers. Sort of. But I don't use it for its intended purpose other than to predict my opponent's attack patterns. Besides, do you even know what kind sick fetishes demons in hell have as their true desires?