I love you

"Stay here, Atlas." I simply said before getting up to go face him, Atlas quickly grabbed my hand, pulling me back. "What the fuck are you doing Sam? He's going to kill you." Atlas said a little too loud. She quickly stood up to face me. "I don't fucking care. He should die for what he did to you Atlas, and now he's coming here traumatizing everybody?" I was so angry, angry for Atlas and angry for everybody else.

Atlas cupped my face in her hands. "Stay here with me instead. Please. I need you here." She frowned and begged me. My anger level was starting to go down. I sighed and gave in, letting her lead me back to sit down behind the desk. Before I got a chance to sit down, Rocco began to bang on the door. My ears beginning to ring from how hard I was clenching my jaw.

"I CAN HEAR YOU IN THERE, COME OUT BITCH!" He said as he continued to bang on the door. Atlas was beginning to hyperventilate. I pulled her into my arms, covering her head and ears. A part of me hoped he would break the door and come into the room so I could beat the life out of him. It took me a while to realize I was crying too, i was angry. So angry.

His banging got more and more aggressive as Atlas began to cry in my arms. I was starting to consider confronting him, but it wasn't too long after that that he stopped. I heard some yelling and struggling  between two or three people but I couldn't make it out because my ears were filled with ringing and Atlas' sobbing.

I held her as tight as I could and slowly moved my hands from her ears so she could hear me better. "Everything's going to be okay pumpkin, I promise. " I whispered. She relaxed slightly at the sound of my voice. "I've got you." I rested my head on hers.

Atlas' POV

My heart was starting to stop pounding on the walls of my chest as time went on. It felt like Sam and I were sitting in the same position for hours, because we were. I was leaned on her, her arms wrapped around me as I buried my head into her chest. Dried tears on my face as I finally felt comfortable to check my phone. "It's been 2 hours since we went on lockdown and like 40 minutes since the pounding stopped." Sam said as she saw me check the time. "I think they may have caught him baby." Sam rubbed my back.

"I hope they did." I replied. I hope that motherfucker rots in hell. I hope they killed him.

"How're you feeling baby?" Sam asked as I raised up, leaving her grip. I felt her eyes on me as I struggled to formulate an answer.

"I'm okay." I was numb, I didn't know if I was scared or relieved. I had absolutely no idea what was going on out there. Sam gently rubbed my thigh and looked away.

After what felt like eternity the announcement sound came on.

"Students and staff if I may please have your attention. The lockdown is now over and we will be dismissing students to go home shortly. There was a person who entered our building with intent to cause harm and the suspect has been apprehended. Buses and parents have been notified and planned accordingly. Teachers please prepare your students for dismissal. Thank you all for your participation and coordination during todays event."

Sam and I both took a deep breath. "Let's go home okay?" Sam said, looking over at me.

"The police might need a statement from me. Since I'm the reason Rocco was here." I sighed.

Sam stayed silent as she looked away from me, she got up and turned the lights on. When I looked at Sam her eyes were red and puffy, I realized she had been crying. She was so busy comforting me and I hadn't even stopped to think about how she was feeling. Guilt over took me as she turned to me.

"What?" She asked, I was probably staring at her for a while. I got up pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry for putting you through all of this." I whispered. Sam stayed silent, she simply held me close to her.

I let go of her and grabbed my stuff and she did the same. We both prepared ourselves to exit the classroom. When we stepped out, there were huge crowds of students eagerly walking out of the school. Some people gave me dirty and puzzled looks, probably hearing everything Rocco screamed. Sam pat my shoulder and we both blended in with the crowd. I noticed as we walked that the walks and lockers were either dented or had bullet wounds. There was one right next to the classroom door of Sams.

While we were walking, Aria rushed towards me, pulling me into a hug. "I thought you were dead! Where were you? Mr. Keeler was going crazy worrying about you." She said, before looking up at Sam. She furrowed her eyebrows. "Were you with her?" She asked. I nodded.

"Huh. Well I'm glad you're okay." Aria let go of me and politely smiled at Sam. We all continued to walk with the crowd.

Sams POV

I sighed as we walked into my house, locking the door behind me. Atlas was quiet the whole car ride and I can't blame her. I didn't want to talk either. We both sat down on the couch across from each other and I put my head into my hands. We must've been sitting there in silence for a while before she broke it. "I'm glad they didn't question me. Probably only a matter of time till they will want to though." She said.

I nodded and sighed, removing my hands from my head. I grabbed the remote to turn the tv on and almost immediately turned it off as every channel was talking about the lockdown. I looked over at Atlas and she was looking at me. We stared at each other, not knowing what to say. Atlas got up and walked to sit next to me, but she sat on my lap, straddling me instead.

She looked at me with her hands placed on my shoulders and then wrapped my head in her arms and leaned me into her chest. She held me like that as her head rested on mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist and we sat in that position for god knows how long.

How did this happen? I'm in love with my student, she's my fucking student. I feel like a monster for feeling this way. But I love her, and I think she might love me too. At this point, I don't care what happens to me, I don't care if I get fired. All I want is to be with her.

"Atlas." I whispered.

"Hm?"

"I love you."