Dead?

Dread filled my senses as my eyes came into focus, I almost jumped as I looked down and saw Kila's face buried into my chest with her arm wrapped around my stomach. Shit, I fell asleep in here with her.

Shit. Sam.

I immediately peeled Kila's arm off of me and quickly left and walked into my room. Sam wasn't there, the bed wasn't made and her phone was gone. I decided to search the rest of the house to see if she was there but she wasn't. Her car was also gone from the driveway.

I didn't mean to fall asleep with Kila last night, but she wouldn't stop crying and eventually we both just passed out. I know if I were in Sams position though, I'd be really hurt. I grabbed my phone and called her.

hey. Sam answered.

uh, hey. hey, where are you?

I slept over at Mylos house.

Her tone was dry and serious.

okay.. uhm. Well I miss you. Im really sorry, I didn't mean to.. uh..whenever you come home we can talk more about it but enjoy your time with Mylo.

I smiled half heartedly, hoping she would sense the friendliness in my voice and it would make her feel a bit better.

yeah, okay. bye.

She hung up. I groaned and turned around to go downstairs, but I nearly jumped out of my skin when I was greeted with Kila standing there staring at me.

"I didn't know you were awake." I said, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah.. I felt you leave the bed." She stuttered.

I nodded, ready to cringe at the awkward silence before she spoke.

"Listen.. I don't want to make things complicated." She said as she walked closer to me, reaching out and grabbing my hand. I stared down at the contact feeling somewhat uncomfortable, jokingly hoping that she wasn't about to confess her love for me or anything.

"But I.." she stumbled over her words as she continued to hold my hand before looking at me and than glancing towards my lips.

This made alarm bells in my head begin to go off, but I decided to keep playing it cool as I had convinced myself that I was making things up. If I pulled away from her that would just make things even more awkward if she isn't intending to do what I think she is.

"You know.. maybe it's better if I just show you." She said, leaning in and briefly pecking me on the lips before I pulled away. I ripped my hand out of hers and backed away.

"Kila what the hell?!" I exclaimed.

"I-im sorry, I didn't-"

"You know I'm in a relationship with Sam and I love her. She was nice enough to let you stay here at her house and this is how you repay her? Repay us?" I said, almost immediately regretting my tone as she began to sob.

"I'm sorry Atlas. I'm just going through a lot right now with my mom gone and.. and it being because of me.." Kila cried. She walked over to the bed and sat down, hanging her head.

She continued to cry as I stared at her. What the fuck do I do now? I understand Kila is going through a lot but.. she shouldn't have done that. But at the same time, she deserves a break. She's dealing with a lot.

I sighed and walked over to the bed and sat down and hugged her as she cried.

Deep deep down though, something felt off and I was now starting to understand what Sam was talking about.

Sams POV

I groaned and ran a hand through my hair.

"Sam, you've gotta eat something." Mylo said as he placed a plate of blueberry pancakes and bacon in front of me. How the hell could I eat right now? My brain was overthinking on overtime.