Pool party

I stared out the window as the radio echoed throughout the car. I frowned as we pulled up to school and I turned to Sam who was already looking at me. She was so concerned about me going to school after yesterday happened, but I insisted. My eyes landed on her slightly swollen nose which caused a gut wrenching feeling in my stomach.

It was an accident. So why was my brain trying to convince me that I am a monster?

"Atlas." Sam said as I brought my eyes up from her nose to her eyes. She stared at me as if to tell me to stop it, because I knew she knew exactly what was going through my mind.

I sighed and grabbed my bag.

"Have a good day, okay?" She said as she kissed me.

I smiled at her and nodded as I left the car. As soon as she drove off I felt like crying, I wanted her to be here with me. Just her being in the same building was comforting to me but now she wasn't. I took a deep breath and walked into the building.

As I made my way to my locker, I saw Kila. She locked eyes with me and smiled slightly. I felt bad, remembering our prior conversation, but I was doing what was best for me. I couldn't go back there, ever. I continued walking but I soon felt a hand grab my arm.

I turned around and it was Kila.

"Hey.. uh." She said, as I glanced at the contact before looking up at her. She noticed where I was looking and let go.

"Uh.. how are you?" She said, putting on a friendly smile which put me at ease.

"I'm.. alright. Thanks for asking." I smiled. She nodded and looked down at the floor.

"I'm sorry, for asking you to come back. I realize now that it probably wasn't the best thing to do. Especially knowing how much my mother p-"

"It's fine, it's fine. I just.." I interrupted her, now my eyes were glued to the floor as I winced at the words coming out of my mouth.

"Can we please not talk about any of that anymore please. Can we just go back to being normal friends, talking about gossip, talking shit about our classmates. Please?" I asked as I finally looked up at Kila who was smiling.

She happily nodded and pulled me into a hug.

.
.
.

Sams POV

I smiled as I watched Atlas walk up to the car, I could tell she had a good day because that worried look from this morning had melted off of her face. She opened the car and got in, kissing me.

"Somebody's had a good day." I smiled to which she smiled back at me.

"Yeah, yeah I did." She replied. "How was yours?"

I shrugged. My smile slightly faltering before I forged an answer.

"It was fine, yeah. Mylo invited us to his house for a pool party." I said.

"Really?! That sounds exciting, let's go!" Atlas said excitedly.

"Oh yeah?" I smiled. "We'll go then."

.
.
.

I heard Atlas groan from the bedroom as I peeked my head out of the bathroom. I saw her looking back and forth between two swimsuits before plopping down onto the bed with a pouting face.

I walked into the room and stood over her.

"What's wrong my love?" I asked, placing my hand on the side of her face. She groaned and leaned into it.

"I can't pick between the two." She said softly. I turned away from her and looked at the two swimsuits. One of them was a black one piece, black looks beautiful on Atlas so I automatically pointed at that one.