Betrayal

Last week of school.

I'm not even gonna go, I already took most of my finals and I already have enough credits to graduate since I took extra classes my sophomore and junior year.

"You don't want anything to eat babe?" Sam said as she sat down in the chair across from me.

I shook my head. I was still feeling horrible from yesterday, but I was trying so hard to come back from it. Trying so hard to pretend I was okay just because I didn't wanna worry Sam.

I smiled gently and shook my head.

"I'm okay." I mumbled.

"You're not going for the last week of school? I hate that Kila had to ruin that for you." She said, running a hand through her hair.

"It's fine, I didn't wanna go anyway."

I looked at Sam and she was looking at me.

"I need to run something by you. We haven't really gotten a chance to speak about this because of.. everything going on with Kila but I finally have a chance to talk about it with you now." Sam said, turning her body fully towards me.

"Yeah, what's up?" I said, shifting my gaze towards her.

"Mylo.. offered me a job at his bar. To be a bartender." Sam said, a small smile slowly coming across her face.

I felt my eyebrows raise as surprise filled my brain.

"A bartender?"

"Mhm. What do you think?" She said excitedly.

I stared at her for a moment before smiling.

"I think you'd be a great bartender love, go for it."

She smiled back at me and nodded.

"I'll call Mylo and tell him. Also, I'm gonna go shower and get ready for therapy alright?" She said as she stood up.

I nodded and watched as she walked upstairs.

My smile slowly faded off my face as Sam disappeared to the second floor of the house. I was happy for her, very happy for her. She's gonna be a bartender!

But that just reminded me that now I have to decide what I want to do with my life, who I wanna be.

I buried my face into my hands and sighed. I was feeling so overwhelmed while feeling tired of feeling overwhelmed. Why can't I catch a break? Why can't we catch a break?

I wanted to talk about yesterday but it's almost as if Sam is so happy things are back to normal that she doesn't even wanna think or talk about it anymore. Which is making it so much harder for me to tell her about the kiss.

I must've been sitting there in my thoughts for a while, as I looked up when I heard footsteps, fully expecting to see Sam coming back down because she forgot something or whatever but she was already showered and ready for therapy.

I stared at her processing the fact that time had passed so quickly before she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked as she walked up to me and placed her hand on my cheek.

I nodded and leaned into her hand and closed my eyes.

"C'mere." She said, leaning down and bringing my face closer to hers and kissing me. I kissed her back, but the guilt in my throat only grew each time her lips touched mine. Each time I tasted her. Each time that cute little sound she makes whenever I touch her escapes her mouth.

I almost pulled away from Sam as I started to feel like I couldn't breathe.

"I'm sorry, did I do something?" Sam quickly said and the expression on her face instantly made me feel bad. I shook my head and smiled at her.