Tell me all the ways to stay away

"No. No, no, no. Please. Don't push me away Sammy." I reached my hand out to her as I began to cry. She stepped back again and wiped the tears away from her face, only for them to quickly appear again. She stared at me.

"Im not."

"Yes you are."

"You're the one who offered me space yesterday!"

"But you said you didn't need it."

"Well now I do! Why can't you just give that to me? Like I said Atlas, your words hurt. They hurt." She looked down at her shaking hands. I was beginning to feel angry. I just wanted everything to be normal between us, but I felt as though I was losing control.

Sam stood there looking at me, her hurt expression not faltering in the slightest. She began to walk away but I grabbed her wrist in order to get her to stay. Sam jumped at my action and quickly turned around, pushing me away from her. I stumbled back a bit.

"Don't fucking touch me!" She snapped as she came closer to me, staring down at me. Her face wasn't too far from mine.

"Why can't you get it through your skull to leave me alone Atlas?! Please, that's all I'm asking of you right now!!" She yelled, she was crying but she looked angry. I began to cry. What am I doing? I wasn't even sad, I was just upset that I'd made her angry. That I'd hurt her, but maybe if i cry, she won't be angry anymore.

Sams eyes widened, her facial expressions relaxed and she sighed and turned around and began to walk away.

"I hate you." I said, quickly wiping my tears as I followed behind her, wanting to see a reaction.

She stopped walking when I said that.

"If you hate me so much, then leave." She said, before walking away.

Sams POV

I ran upstairs changing my pants and throwing on a jacket and shoes before leaving the house. I decided to go on a run to get away from Atlas before I said even more things I knew I'd regret. I ran, the cold air hitting my face which made me shiver.

I didn't know where I was running to, I just wanted to run. Tears leaked out of my eyes. Why was I so angry? She apologized and I told her I forgave her, why was it so hard for me to move past this? After running for a while I decided I should get home, the guilt was eating me up and i desperately wanted to apologize to her.

As I approached my house it dawned on me that my run did no justice. I still felt angry, like I wanted to scream. I sighed and decided to enter my house anyway. It was dark by now, the sun was almost finished setting.

"Atlas?" I called out as I entered my house. I searched the living room and kitchen for her and she wasn't there. I walked upstairs and peeped into my bedroom and the bathroom.

She wasn't there, and neither was her stuff.

"Fuck." I whispered under my breath as I checked the house once more, to confirm my fears. She left. I began to shake as I grabbed my phone and called her. It went straight to voicemail. Where would she even go? Her mothers house has never been safe and as far as I know, there's no other person who she can go to right now.

I texted her.

Atlas, I didn't mean what I said. Please, come back.

I shook as I awaited a response. Nothing. I ran back downstairs and paced back and forth in the kitchen, running my hand through my hair. I grabbed a glass and filled it with water, taking a sip.

She's gone. Why did I say those things to her? I didn't actually want her to leave, I never did. I just wanted space, space didn't mean I wanted her gone. Why couldn't she understand that?

"FUCK!" I screamed as I threw the glass harshly at the floor. It shattered into pieces as I melted into a puddle of sobs, falling to my knees, not caring that there was broken glass on the floor.

"Please, just come back." I sobbed, talking to myself.

Atlas' POV

I  stared at the text message from Sam, reading it over and over. I shivered as I approached my mothers house, no cops or anything were surrounding it. I stood there, staring at the house contemplating going back to Sam and engulfing myself in her arms.

No, she told me to leave.

I sighed, looking at the text once more as I pulled my hood onto my head, my fingers were almost numb from the cold and my feet were throbbing from the distance I walked.

Atlas I didn't mean what I said. Please come back.

Turning my phone off I walked up to the porch of my mothers house. I turned the door knob and walked in.

"Mom?" I called out quietly. I held my bag close to my body as I went upstairs to check if she was in her room. She was asleep in her bed, probably drunk. I noticed her room looked worse than usual, there was dents on the walls and a weird brownish stain on the door. I also noticed my mother had a few bruises on her face.

I sighed and quietly walked to my room, hoping it was still how I left it. I opened it and thankfully everything was were it was when I left. My bed hadn't been touched and neither was anything else. I began to feel nauseous as my mind replayed the events that happened on my last day here. I stared at the messed up bedsheet on the edge of my bed were Rocco did what he pleased to me.

I closed my bedroom door, locking it. I took the chair that sat next to my desk and placed it between the floor and doorknob, making sure nobody could get in. I sighed. I dropped my bag and sat down at the edge of my bed, pulling my phone out again as I felt it buzz.

Sam was calling again. I watched it ring, contemplating answering it. I frowned and clicked my phone so that it would stop buzzing. I let my back drop to lay on the bed. I felt numb. I didn't know how to feel.

One things for sure, I miss her.

My attention was brought back to my phone when I got another notification. A voicemail, from Sam. If I listen to it I just know it'll make me feel worse. I can't handle it right now. But, I love torturing myself. Don't I? I played the voicemail and my stomach turned as I heard Sams shaky voice.

"Atlas, please. I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said, I promise. I just need to know that you're somewhere safe and okay. Please just call me back. Please." Sam begged, she was about say something else but just completely gave up on talking before the voicemail ended.

I squeezed my eyes shut. Hearing the pain in her voice made me want to vomit. But I caused this didn't I? Might as well keep it going.

I turned my phone off and placed it on my nightstand.

I buried my face into my hands, beginning to cry. What am I doing? Am I losing her? I can't be. She's mine.

I'm just giving her what she wants.

Space.