Throuple

"No. All the way no." I said. I watched as Chris and Diane stood there, Chris looking angry and Diane looking hopeful. Kila stood in the corner watching the whole situation unfold.

"You have no choice Attie." Diane smiled as she walked closer to me and started to twirl a strand of my hair. I hit her hand away and stepped back.

"I'm not being in a fucking throuple with you, I don't even like y-" Diane walked up to me and grabbed my arm and began to squeeze it, fuck she's strong. I groaned in pain and tried to pull my arm away but she stood there digging her nails into my arm.

"You wanna finish that sentence?" She said. I stayed quiet and she let go of my arm.

Diane turned around and looked at Kila, she smiled and turned back to me. "Fine, Attie. You don't have to be in a throuple with Chris and I. That's fine." She smiled and walked away, I took a small sigh of relief before she cleared her throat and turned around starting to walk away.

But she stopped walking.

"Oh wait, Kila honey." Diane said, as Kila stood with an odd expression on her face. "What was that thing you told me about Sam? She's a teacher?! At you and Attie's school?" She said in a dramatic tone. Kila just stood there, making brief eye contact with me before averting her guilt ridden eyes to the floor.

I stood there with my stomach turning and my heart pounding as Diane's voice was tuned out. Sam and I were FINALLY starting to get our shit together, well mostly me but still. We were in a good spot and now this bitch is threatening to ruin all of it. All of it.

How could she? And how could Kila tell her all of this knowing how fucking loopy her mother is. I trusted her. I zoned back in as I realized my breathing had gotten heavier.

"It wouldn't be good if that information got into the wrong hands.. and Sam lost her job would it Attie?" Diane had made her way back to me.

I can't let Sam lose her job over me again.

"Okay. Okay fine." I said, fearing that soon I wouldn't be able to speak as I felt my throat start to close up. Diane smiled causing the sickening feeling in my stomach to grow.

"Good." She said as she walked away from us. Kila and Chris just stood there looking uncomfortable as I was on the verge of a panic attack. I left them and went upstairs in my guest room.

I felt myself hyperventilating as I held my head in my arms, beating myself up, literally, for getting into this mess. Why, why, why is this happening? I guess the universe doesn't think I deserve to be happy either. I began to cry as the door opened and i didn't even bother to look up. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't cry Attie. It's okay. I just came in here to remind you to call it quits with Sam. As long as she wants to keep her job, you won't be with her anymore." Diane said.

I began to sob. "Why? Why won't you just let me go?" I sobbed as I looked up at her.

"I'll do anything, just please. Just let me be with Sam without her getting in trouble please." I held Dianes hand. She stared at her hand in mine before looking back at me.

"Don't forget to tell her that you never want to speak to her again. Make it convincing so she doesn't come searching for you here." Diane pulled her hand out of mine and walked out of the room. I sat there, staring at the ground. She can't stop me from seeing Sam at school.

But I knew if I told Sam about any of this she wouldn't hesitate to lose her job for me, and I couldn't let her do that.

I heard the door creak open once more. This time I looked, and it was Kila. Anger rose into my throat when I saw her. If she never told her mother anything about Sam and I, none of this would be happening.