A start

TW// abortion, suicidal ideation

I bounced my leg anxiously as Jill sat down with us, Sam placing her hand on my thigh to stop it from shaking.

"How have my girls been? It's been a while since I've seen you!" She beamed. Jill was always so sweet, I'm not very fond of therapists or doctors but she definitely holds a special place in my heart.

Sam took a deep breath and glanced over at me with a small awkward smirk.

"Well-"

"I'm pregnant." I cut Sam off, causing Jill to look up at me with the most priceless expression. The poor lady's face turned ghostly white, you'd expect less reaction from a therapist.

"Wha- how.. how did.. I mean. Do you-" Jill stuttered after being silently stunned for a while. I couldn't help but giggle a little.

"Your reaction is everything." I said gently, glancing over at Sam who had a small smirk as she looked at me. But I could tell her mind was wandering elsewhere.

After letting Sam vaguely explain everything to Jill, she asked a question which ripped open an earlier bandaged wound.

"So... have you thought about your options moving forward?" Jill inquired causing both me and Sam to uncomfortably shift in our seats.

I glanced over at Sam, whose eyes were glued to the floor.

"I.." I stuttered. I honestly didn't have an answer, but I knew Sam was pissed that abortion wasn't the first thing to come out of my mouth. I knew she didn't want me to keep it, and I could understand why.

I don't know what I want. I don't know what to do.

"I don't know." I mumbled, returning my gaze to Jill.

After a brief silence, she spoke.

"Atlas, I think you'd really benefit from individual therapy. Honestly I think you both would."

"Not that im saying couples therapy isn't effective or working, but it would be more effective if you both had your own space to vent and talk about things without the other present." Jill continued.

I sighed.

"I tried to encourage her to go to individual therapy,, but." Sam said and looked at me, to which I nodded.

"Maybe.. maybe.. I'd be willing to do it if I could do it with you Jill?" I muttered, feeling a bit shy to ask that. She smiled and nodded.

"I'd be more than happy to put you on my list." She beamed, then turning her attention to Sammy.

"You've been quiet. I wanna know, how are you doing with all of this?" Jill asked.

Sam sighed and sat back in her chair. She stared at a spot on the floor as she opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"I don't know. I don't wanna talk about it." Sam whispered, looking up and weakly smiling at Jill. Jill subsequently nodded and moved on.

By now, our hour was almost up.

"Any last things you ladies wanna talk about before we end?" Jill questioned.

Sam shook her head and then looked at me.

There was.

"My mom.. came back." I said, barely wanting the words to escape my mouth. Jill and Sam both glared at me.

"But I don't.. " I paused and chuckled nervously. "I don't wanna get into it right now."

***