Let it go, Sam.

I smiled as I felt Sams arms wrapped around my naked body. I yawned and turned over, coming face to face with her. She was still asleep. Her beautiful hair was messy and stranded all across her face.

I smiled.

It was nice to wake up next to her. To have slept with her all night. To not have any obligations for today. No school, no work. Nothing. Unfortunately that peace was shattered when I heard a knock on our door. I groaned and quietly exited the bed and grabbed Sams shirt that was so carelessly flung across the room.

I threw it on quickly and walked over to the door. I opened it and it was Kila standing there shaking and crying.

"Hey.. hey. What's wrong?" I whispered before quietly closing the bedroom door and pulling her into a hug. She started to sob as I rubbed her back.

"M-my.." she cried, her crying prevented her from continuing to speak. We walked over to her guest room and sat down. I consoled her for a bit, until she was finally able to talk.

"My mom. She killed herself last night." Kila sniffed and stared at me. I sat there, shocked.

"Wha.. what?!" I said. Kila just sat there and turned her gaze to the floor.

"My dad was the one who found her. This is all my fault." Kila covered her face with her hands.

"My fault. I should've never stayed over here Atlas." She sobbed. I shook my head and hugged her. It was at this time I heard my bedroom door open and Sam peeked into the room. She looked annoyed at first but her expression softened when we locked eyes.

She stood there before turning around and walking away. What the hell? Usually Sam would want to know what's wrong, how she could help. It's the caring part of her that I don't always have. But she didn't do that this time.

.
.
.

Kila got a phone call, so after a while of talking and comforting I left her to go downstairs and talk to Sam. When I got there she was sitting at the dinner table, drinking coffee and looking at something on her phone.

When she saw me come downstairs, she rose her eyebrows and brought her attention back to her phone.

"What's up with her?" She asked quietly, but also in a snarky way that I chose to ignore.

"Diane's dead. She commit suicide." I said, standing up and looking at her. I watched as Sams face dropped and she looked up at me.

"Diane's dead?" She asked. I nodded.

Sam furrowed her eyebrows and stared at her cup.

"That really sucks." Sam responded. That's it? 'That really sucks'? I mean, I don't know what I want her to say but that doesn't sound like something she would usually say. I'm just gonna leave it alone, it isn't worth an argument.

"I'm gonna go get ready for our therapy appointment." Sam said, standing up and putting her half empty cup of coffee in the sink. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my mouth.

"Are you serious?" I asked, half laughing. She expects us to go to therapy right now when Kila needs us? Pfft so much for no obligations today.

"What? She probably has to go home and make preparations or whatever." Sam said.

"Sam, I am not going to leave my friend who is blaming herself for her mothers suicide home alone! Not for a therapy appointment. It can wait, she's way more important." I said

Sam scoffed. "Babe, these therapy appointments are to help us. I think that's important, and you saying she's more important than us being fixed makes me feel.. weird."