What if?

TW// brief and multiple mentions of rape, neglect and alcohol.

"And she's thinking of keeping it Mylo — I don't even know.. we can barely take care of ourselves.. of each other!" I shouted, pacing back in forth in front of Mylo.

We were in his living room, and I was freaking out. I couldn't even lie to myself.

I kept my composure throughout the whole conversation with Atlas about the pregnancy. I'm not angry at her or her decision, or lack thereof, but she wants to go through with everything.

Suddenly everything became so much more real. She has an appointment at the maternity doctor tomorrow and I'm going with her.

"I'm scared. I know it's her choice and I support whatever she wants, but I'm scared for so many reasons." I covered my face with both hands.

I felt arms come around me and I leaned into him.

Usually getting any affection from Mylo is super fuckin weird, but at this moment it's what I needed.

"Do you want kids Sam?" Mylo asked me, causing me to freeze for a moment.

Odd choice of words for comfort, but alright.

".. I mean yeah, but not at this present moment. Especially with Atlas I wanted to have some — but when we were married and better off. She's still so young and honestly so am I."

"Okay stop right there." Mylo said, releasing me from the hug I didn't realize he held me in for so long.

"Let's play the what if game." He said walking back over to take a seat on the couch with a smart ass smirk on his face.

"Jesus fucking chri-"

"What if! This is you guys' only chance to have a child together?"

"She doesn't even know if she's keeping the fucking thing.. let's slow down."

"What if she decides she wants to keep it, or even if she doesn't — she still wants to give birth to it and what if this experience helps you both realize that you don't want kids together?"

I stared at him in silence, a bit dumbfounded honestly.

"What if.. she decides she wants to keep it. And she has the baby and you both love it! What if even you want to have it too?"

I stared at him in silence, taking in what he just said. At almost perfect timing my phone rang with a call from Atlas.

"Speak of the devil." I muttered before answering the call.

"Hey baby." I said, taking a seat of the opposite side of the couch from Mylo.

"Hey." I heard her nervously giggle. "I just wanted to let you know that I left work early."

"Why? Are you okay? Are you feeling sick again?" I questioned, earning a risen eyebrow from Mylo.

"No, no. Actually i feel okay today. I haven't thrown up since yesterday." I heard a smile in her voice and felt my own spread across my face.

"But anyway — I'm going to go get coffee with my mom." She spoke.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to let you know."

"W-well do you want me to come along? Just to make sure you're okay?" I offered. I hate her mother with a burning passion. How could your child almost die in your own home and you do nothing about it?

"No. I don't want her around you. At all." Atlas said with disdain in her voice.

"Okay, well if you change your mind I'm at Mylos. I love you so much." I responded.