Talk to her

Sams POV

1 week since Atlas and Sam split.

I sighed and closed my laptop as I was unable to focus on the work I was trying to grade. It was my free period so I didn't have a class and thought I'd be able to get some work done but no. I can't get me slapping Atlas out of my hand, I can't get her out of my head. At first it felt so nice to be rid of her, her constant snarky and harmful comments and her negative affect on me, but I miss her.

I didn't think I would but I do. I just wanna know how she's been. I've seen her twice around school and the second time she looked like she had been crying.

Maybe she doesn't miss me though. She probably hates me after what I did, I wouldn't blame her. I just hope she's safe and doing okay. I sighed and ran my hand through my head before my thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

I walked over and opened it and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Kila?" I asked rather than said. She looked exhausted and frowned when she saw me. She stood in silence.

"Is..is everything okay?" I asked.

"Atlas.." She said. I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

"What about Atlas? Is she okay?" I asked, eager for her to tell me what the hell is going on.

"She's fine.. for now. You just need to talk to her Sam." Kila said, prompting a big sigh of relief coming from me.

"Why?"

"Because I'm scared. Her drinking is getting worse, I'm afraid she's going to get herself killed or kill somebody else sooner or later, and.." she sighed.

"Please just.." Kila got interrupted by the bell ringing and the crowds of students starting to emerge from their classroom.

"Just talk to her." She said as she walked away from me but not before handing me a piece of paper with an address on it.

I stood there while students began to fill my classroom. How the fuck am I supposed to talk to her? I assume that address is where she is? I sighed and walked to the front of the room and began my lesson.

.
.
.

I packed my things up. It was time to leave and I was going to go straight to the address on the paper. While leaving the building, I once again scanned the hallways for Atlas but I didn't see her. I frowned and made my way to my car and put the address into my phone. It was only 7 minutes away from the school.

When I got there it was a huge ass fancy house. Damn, whoever's letting her stay here has a shitton of money. I parked the car a few feet away from the house and got out. As I walked up to the door my nerves rose. I stood in front of the door for a second before I finally knocked and awaited a response.

Finally the door was opened.. by Atlas. The words in my throat dropped down to my stomach when I saw her. She was drunk. Not only could I smell the alcohol on her, her eyes were bloodshot and her eyelids were rid. There was an older woman with her head resting on Atlas' shoulder and her arms wrapped around Atlas' waist.

"Sam." Atlas said, her voice raspy and her eyes seemed like she was completely looking through me.

"Oh so you're Sam?" The older woman giggled, she didn't seem drunk, just.. weird.

"Uh yeah? Atlas can we talk, I really wa-"

"Atlas doesn't want to talk to you." The older woman pulled Atlas back and stood in front of me, leaning up against the doorframe. I was taller than her and could easily knock this bitch off her ass at anytime.