I need help

TW// mentions of rape, conversion therapy and descriptions of self harm

I waited by the door as I watched Atlas step out of the car, my brother following behind her. The expression on Atlas' face worries me, like she had seen a ghost but it all changed when we made eye contact. Her expression quickly flipped to excitement when she saw me, but I could see through it.

They walked up to the door as I held it open for them, Atlas giving me a quick peck as she walked past us and straight upstairs, probably leaving to give Mylo and I some space. I turned to Mylo and was about to speak when I noticed that his eyes were watery. I closed the door and then turned my full attention to him.

"W...what's wrong?" I asked, taking a seat next to him on the stairs. He completely broke down when I asked that question. This was weird, very weird. I wasn't used to my brother showing any emotions around me except for assholery and anger. So for him to be completely vulnerable, and crying around me meant that there was something really wrong.

He covered his face with his hands and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"No it's okay, i just don't know what w-"

"For everything. For the way our parents treated you, for the way I treat you. I'm sorry for all of it. I'm sorry because it's all my fault Samantha. All of it." Mylos use of my full name caught me so off guard that I almost didn't hear everything else he said. How is all of this his fault? Yeah he's most definitely been an asshole whenever I tried to tell him about the abuse my parents put me through but that wouldn't make everything his fault.

I paused for a second, not sure how to react so I simply put my hand on his shoulder and rubbed it for a bit. After a while of silence I finally asked the question that's been weighing in my mind.

"What did you mean by 'it's all my fault'?"

At this point Mylo had finally calmed down, he was no longer crying. The occasional sniffles seemed to stop when I asked that question. My heart pounded as I awaited his answer.

"I..was the person." He said. "Who outed you." Mylo turned and looked at me. I blankly stared at him.

It was him?

He did this? Are you fucking serious right now? Until now, for my whole life I had no idea who outed me to my parents and the whole time it was my own brother?

"I was 11 and you know how our parents raised us, they taught us that being gay was a bad thing. One night I was waiting for you to come play with me, and you were outside with who I thought was just your best friend. Until you kissed her."

Mylo looked at me and then looked away.

"There was a second time too." His voice trembled as he spoke. Second time? As far as I know I was only outed once.

"I saw you bring a girl into your room. I thought to myself, I thought she was cured? Maybe she needs help again? No, it's probably just a friend but I should make sure my big sister isn't 'sick'. So I waited a while before peeking into the room and I saw you two, doing things. So once again. I told our parents. They thanked me for telling them and rewarded me for it, telling me that I helped cure you."

I felt sick. It's all his fault, all of it. Fucking all of it.

" I'm sorry Sam. But I was young I-"

"Get out." I said. All I could see was red. I was angry and I didn't want to show him that, so I needed him to leave right now.

"Sam please, I was a kid I didn't know any better. I'm sorry. Please." Mylo said, standing up as I turned away from him. I heard the bedroom door open from the top of the stairwell.