Things get worse before they get better.

I stared down at Atlas as I watched her fight the tears coming to her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her body as she tried to push me away but quickly relaxed into my arms. My confusion peaked as Atlas began to sob into my chest, her arms wrapped around me desperately clawing at air so she could get closer to my body.

Atlas has never broken down like this in front of me before. I've seen her angry, I've seen her shameful and guilty, I've seen her absolutely broken but not once have I ever seen her so.. distraught. She has never cried like this before. It made me so angry to know that it was most likely that bitch Diane causing all of this. I just knew it.

I was afraid she was going to fall so I picked her up and walked us over to a desk where I sat her on top of. She clung onto me as her sobs echoed throughout the room.

I just stayed there, holding her for such a long time. I didn't even know what to say or do other than just be there and comfort her. I quickly wiped some of my own tears that had started to fall, my heart literally ached right now.

"I'm sorry." Atlas whimpered just barely loud enough for me to hear. She was beginning to calm down a little bit.

"Atlas please." I said, resting my chin on top of her head.

"Please just tell me what it is. Is she threatening you with something? Is it me? I promise whatever it is we can work it out, please, just tell me." I begged.

"You've gotten hurt so much because of me Sam. It isn't fair for me to do it again!" Atlas said through tiny breaths, finally looking at me.

I shook my head. "We both know you're not doing it on purpose this time."

She stared at me for a second before burying her head into my chest once more. Atlas pulled away from me and then grabbed my hand.

"Don't do anything stupid." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded.

".. Kila told Diane about us. Diane wants me to be in a" Atlas paused to take a breath and rolled her eyes.

"A fucking throuple with her and her husband. She said if I don't, she'll tell the school that we're together and obviously it's believable because.. well you know." Atlas said.

I stared at her for a second, processing everything she just told me. Now I hated this Diane bitch like ten times more. I didn't know how to feel but I knew I felt anger bubbling up my throat.

I smiled at her, and planted a small kiss on her lips.

Her tear stained cheeks turned pink and it was so cute. I love her. I wish she wasn't so scared to tell me about this, I don't want her to think just because she's messed up in the past means that she has to put her well-being on the line just to please me.

"I'm going to quit." I said.

Atlas' smile disappeared. "No. No Sam, I can't let you do that. It's not fair to you-"

I covered her mouth with my hand.

"It's okay." I said, removing my hand, brushing my thumb over her lips.

She frowned. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that we're in this situation."

I stayed quiet and just shook my head and hugged her. Soon enough the bell rang and Atlas left, when she left I walked into the empty bathroom to contain myself for a second before I had to deal with my next class.

I took a breath, staring at myself in the mirror.

I was so angry. Not at Atlas, but at everything. Ofcourse I'd quit my job for her, but that Diane bitch ruined everything. Every fucking thing. I worked so hard to get back my job.