The Past Is History

Ryder's POV
When my and the pups were back at the lookout I got the food and they got there bowls ready in a line . I poured a decent amount of food in each bowl and was about to put it back in storage when I got an idea. I wonderd if sapphire would like to try some regular pup food. I went and got one of the extra bowls I keep just in case and poured some pup food in it. I was about to walk out the door when chase noticed me and asked, "excuse me Ryder sir, but where are you going with that bowl of pup food?" I replied with, "I wanna see if sapphire would like to see if she would like some pup food. And with that chase nodded and went back to eating. I walked out and made it the beach were I found sapphire in the water and on the beach looking at the stars.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sapphire's POV
I was looking at the stars when, "hey sapphire would you mind if come and have a chat, just to know you of course. " Ryder said and put down the bowl of food. I rolled over on my stomach to face to odd looking food. "What is that Ryder?" I asked. "Its what the pups eat. Its called pup food. Try it." He said gently encouraging me to eat the stuff. I took my nose and sniffed it for poisoning just in case. When I smelled none I took one of the bits from the bowl ate to do a taste test. Despite it looking funny it was actually good. "This is good Ryder is bowl for me?" I asking if I could have the bowl of food. I really haven't had a decent meal in awhile so I wasnt trying to sound so desprite. "Sure it is eat up, but I want to ask some questions. About your history, about your powers and other stuff." He said as I dug my nose in the food. I stopped so I could tell "sure" and went back to eating. "Tell about why your the first mer-pup to talk like humans." He asked. When I got done with the kibble I found a biscuit at the bottom of the bowl and ate it. "I was born knowing how to talk like this. I can talk mer-pup, but I like this language better. Because of this I was called freak, and outcasted at my school. My mom trying to comfort me but she failed. Months later she went out on a royal trip to meet with others, when she did not return I went out my stuff to only figure out that the entire group was killed by a group of whales. The mer-pups that were telling what the whales to do were from the school I went to. I grabbed as much stuff I could my case and fled as fast as I could from the aquatic town while hearing the mer-pups of the town call me names. I kept moving around the sea exploring, something my mothers never let me do. Now about me family what do you what to know?" I asked while he took all the info in. Seconds later he said, " why don't you look like your mom?" I never really gave it much thought. "I never really thought about that one. I have to think." He chuckled and said "you do that while I tell the pups to go ahead and go to bed." I smiled "ok"