Chapter XL

Kung malito man kayo sa timeline, itong pov ni Blaire ay nung mga araw bago pa sya naging professor ng Harrison-Ryle University.

I hope you'll like it. Thank you for reading ! 

______

Tazannah Blaire'

"Iha, bakit hindi mo na lang kunin yung alok ko sayo na magturo sa university na pinagtatrabahuhan ko din?"

"Aunt Paige, you know I already decided to go abroad after a month"

"Bakit ba ayaw mo dito nalang sa Pinas? Nakakalungkot manirahan sa ibang bansa Taz" at her age, mapagkakamalan mo syang nasa 20's padin. We're not blood related but she was there for me since that incident happened.

"I don't understand why you keep on pushing me to teach at your school?" Even before I graduated college, she's been trying to persuade me to apply at her school where's she's working. But I really don't know why she's been consistent about her offer even I already declined her multiple times.

"I want the best for you Taz and your moth--

"Auntie please stop. I'll think about it"

Nakaplano na lahat sa buhay ko. I want to go abroad and live there where nobody knows me. Living here feels like hell. Everyday you get up, it will remind you so much about the past. The past that has been hunting me for years. How can I forget it? Its tattooed on my mind.

The real deal is, even though they gave me so much pain. I still love them and I still miss them. I don't want to live in this misery anymore. I want new surrounding and I think leaving this country will give me the peace I've been craving for.

"Ate Tazannah?" I heard from the other line. Someone's calling me.

"Yes?"

"Can we meet today? Clyde said you'll help us about our play?"

I looked at the clock beside my table. Its 3:15 in the afternoon. "Okay, text me the place. I'll be there at 4"

I quickly took a shower and wore a simple white jeans and a navy blue blouse.

I looked at her message before starting the engine. The hellion? Yung malapit sa University nila? Okay. I drove my car and with only 15 minutes, I arrive at my destination. It's only few meters away from my condo.

I looked around and notice that it's not only a cafe but a library too. The interior helps a lot to create relaxed home atmosphere. It is rather cosy and and comfortable. You can observe several small wooden table without table cloth, wooden chairs and nice soft sofas. Near the entrance, there's a large mirror. Along the walls are wooden cases with some pictures and photos.

"Ate Taz!"

I tilted my head and see her waving at me. Together with her is Clyde, her bestfriend.

"Nag order kana po?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Clyde ikaw na magorder samin. Ano sayo ate?"

"Americano"

"Frappe sakin" sabi nya sa bestfriend nya. They were pretty close. Ilang beses na din kami nagkasamang tatlo.

She smile when she look at me so I nodded at her. Binigay nya sakin yung script ng play nila kaya agad ko itong kinuha. "What do you want me to do with this?" I asked her while still staring at the script. It's pretty good.

"We changed the character. Ginawa naming babae si Jillian" Jillian's the love interest of the main character which is a girl too.

"And?" It quite interesting actually.

"Kaso diko alam kung ganyan nalang yung plot? Against yung parents? Too clichè."

"You're right, it's too cliché. You should change it. Normalize the same sex relationship." Although I don't know anything about that kind of relationship. I think they deserve the respect. Let's be more understanding and respectful to one another.

"Here you go laides" Clyde came back with our orders. He smiled at me when he notice that I'm staring at him.

"Ate Taz? Pwede magtanong?" There's a hint of hesitation in his voice everytime he will talk to me. I get that a lot. Aunt Paige told me not to scare people around. I'm not, they're only the one scaring themselves.

"Go on"

"Anong masasabi mo po sa relationship between two people na nagmamahalan?"

"Is that also part of the play?" I raised my brow at him.

I heard her laugh when Clyde began shaking. He's really scared of me. God.

"Ate Taz wag mo kasing takutin" natatawang sabi ng babaeng nasa harap ko.

"I am not. Chill man"

"S-sorry, yung mata mo po kasi." My eyes? They said it's dead, blank and expressionless.

"So for your question, I can say they are all lucky " I heard from her, Clyde's asexual. But he's interested in people's relationship. 

"What about you po? Are you lucky too?" This boy surely knows how to hit a point.

"More like curse"

They both got silent after I answered. Sumipsip ako ng konti sa kape ko at tumingin sa dalawa.

I don't know why we become close. But I remembered how I met them. It's when Aunt Paige's party. This girl, approached me because she thought I'm lonely. After that they would asked me to help them anything about school. I could say they became my friends even tho I'm older than them.

I sipped the last drop of my coffee. The bell on the cafè door ringed bringing the customer in. Normally I don't actually stare at people walking in, but her hair catches my attention. It's the same color as Hermione Granger in the movie Harry Potter.

Her hair moves in the sway of the wind. Her walk are so carefully gentle. The waiter greeted her with a smile on her face like she's expecting the girl already. She seated across our table, beside where the books is located.

Then suddenly her bag fell on the floor. Standing up immediately, the girl in front of me picked her bag and gave it to her. The girl with a brown hair, look at her once and just nodded.

"She's really pretty" she commented. Does she know Hermione? Okay I'll call her Hermione because of her hair.

I looked at her and she smiled at me. A smile like she found something interesting. She looked at the girl again  and look at me after.

"Clyde do you think what I'm thinking?" She wiggle her eyebrows at Clyde and the latter smile like maniac.

"Nakita mo din nakita ko kanina?" Tanong nung isa

"Yes I did. That's my first time seeing her eyes like that!" I can't quite hear them. But they were talking like they discovered something thrilling. Both of them are smiling like an idiot.

My eyes landed to the girl with a brown hair again. She's busy reading a book. May isang pitsel ng ice tea sa harap nya. My forehead creased. She's drinking an ice tea in a coffee shop? Weird.

I looked carefully, she has a small face yet it looks perfect. The kind of face that you'll never get tired staring at. Her eyes, it's brown like honey. I could see it even she's not looking at me. She's near the glass window so the sunlight is reflecting through it. It's glowing. She have a small nose and a plump lips. I think she's mixed in blood. She's like a living barbie doll. She looks cute but at the same time she's alluring, desirable and enticing. Name it. She's all is.

"Ate Taz baka naman matunaw ha"

Tumingin ako sa babaeng nasa harap ko na ngayon ay nakangiti ng nakakaloko.

"Come again Haven Patterson?"

"Wala po, sabi ko ang ganda talaga ni Danielle Jade."