Chapter 1. Beginning Of The Journey To Number 1

Izuku was sitting in the back of his mom's car crying because he was just told he can't become a hero because he's quirkless.

"Sweetie... Is there anything you wanna do?.." said Inko desperately trying to cheer him up.

She was only met by Izuku's silent crying because he'd never be able to become a hero that saves everyone with a smile.

"Would you like the go to that one american comic book store you like? It's your birthday so you can have as many as you want" said Inko. She looked at the rearview mirror and only saw him slowly nod while wiping some tears away.

Inko smiled and nodded her head and started to head to the book store, after a short drive they arrived there and they both went inside the store.

"Ok sweetie look for any books you want ok" said Inko.

"O-ok.. mom.." said Izuku as he started to walk around the book store and look around. He continued to walk and look at the books and none of them really catching his interest.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a comic book with a man wearing a metal suit that was yellow and red. He didn't know why but he started to walk towards it and grabbed it to see what it was.

Izuku couldn't understand some of the words but amazed by this guy flying around with this suit.

"Wow.. I wonder what kind of quirk he has" said Izuku as he kept reading.

"Hmm oh Iron Man? He doesn't have a quirk, that's pre-quirk era books. Not very popular sadly" said a old man with graying hair and a mustache, he was also wearing some sunglasses.

"Iron Man? And... He doesn't have a quirk?" Said Izuku looking at the man.

"Haha no but he doesn't let that stop him, he's extremely smart and built all those suits" said the old man "oh I'm sorry my name is Stan Lee, what's yours?".

"Izuku Midoriya... So he's really quirkless" said Izuku and without knowing it a smile started to creep up on his face as his eyes were filled with hope again.

"Mhm, back before quirks there were lots of stories about heroes without any superpowers. They just used their minds or better tactics and stuff like that, let's see... There's Batman and all his side kicks, Hawkeye, black widow, Ant-Man and lots of others" said Stan Lee.

"Wow... Um mister can I buy this?" Asked Izuku shyly.

"Hahaha sure you can" said Stan Lee smiling happily.

"Oh Izuku did you find a book you wanted?" Asked Inko walking up to him.

"Yea mom... And I think I know what I'm gonna do now" said Izuku feeling determination and hope again.

"Oh and what's that sweetie?" Said Inko curiously.

Izuku then showed her the comic book and had a massive smile "I'm gonna become the real life Iron Man".

Both Inko and Stan looked at him a little shocked but they didn't know why but they couldn't help but believe that he actually will.

"Well Midoriya if your gonna do that your gonna have to be extremely smart, but I know if you truly put your heart to it then you can" said Stan Lee.

Izuku looked up at him and nodded happily.

"Well I guess I know what to buy you for your birthday then" said Inko hoping that this will make Izuku happy again.

"Well then I guess since it's his birthday you can consider what I'm going to give you as a present" said Stan as he walked into the back of the store. A couple minutes later he came back with a massive box filled with Iron Man comic books and some others from that era. "Consider this my gift to our future real life Iron Man".