Chapter 5. Arc Reactor

Izuku was finishing up the tracking device he promised Nezu he'd build to track down that warping villain. Both sadly and thankfully because of the USJ incident last week he was able to get enough data to make it work.

Sadly the device only had a range of 1 mile as of right now, but hopefully with soon to be new models they will have better range.

"Hey Izuku what are you doing today?" Asked Mei walking up to him.

"Well I'm gonna be finishing up on my project today and if it works... The whole world will forever be changed..." Said Izuku smiling.

Mei looked at him and smiled one of her true smiles "well I believe in ya".

"Thank you Mei" said Izuku as he stood up "well I'll be heading down to work on it and I'll call you down when I'm ready to start it".

After Izuku left Mei walked back over to her table and started to work on some gear but for some reason she wishes Izuku was still here. She didn't know why but she really liked having him here with her as they both worked.

She stood up from her baby she was working on and just stared at it trying to figure out why she missed him being here. She's never felt like this before and it was weird for her to describe, it was the same warm feeling she gets from making stuff. But it was stronger and it made her even happier.

"Miss Hatsume are you alright?" Asked Jarvis seeing she seemed troubled.

"I'm fine Jarvis just thinking is all.." said Mei.

"If you need I'm more than willing to help since you seemed distracted and distressed".

"I'm not sure I just miss Izuku being here. Not only that but whenever I'm around him I get a weird warm feeling in my chest that I can't really explain" said Mei.

Jarvis was silent for a moment before he spoke "do you have longing feeling everytime he leaves and you wish he was with you".

"Yes".

"Do you enjoy spending time with him over other people?".

"Yes".

"Well Hatsume I have good news for you. You have feelings for Izuku" said Jarvis.

Mei looked at the AI hologram with a questioning look for a little bit but felt a little bit of warmth in her cheeks.

"I... Like him...." Said Mei feeling more blood rush to her cheeks.

________________

A couple hours later Izuku finished the final things he had to do for his arc reactor and it was now ready to be turned on.

"Jarvis contact Nezu and Mei and Power loader as well as anyone else that will want to see this" said Izuku smiling.

"At once sir, calling the rat and your future girlfriend along with all the less intelligent people" said Jarvis.

Izuku glared at the AI before his eyes bulged "MEI ISN'T MY GIRLFRIEND!!!" He yelled while blushing.

"Yet".

"I will deactivate you off Jarvis" said Izuku glaring at the AI.

Jarvis simply chuckled while making Izuku want to delete him.

After a couple of minutes Nezu, Mei, a good portion of 1A that Izuku met and had an business relationship with and most of UA's staff appeared.

This was it. It was one of the most important moments of his life. The state of his mind and dream depended on whatever his and the scientists before him, theory behind how Arc Reactor functioned was correct or not. He was never so nervous, his entire life, all his hard work and years of studying all on the line along with sleepless nights. "It's time to change the world for the better".