Chapter 34. Quirk Supremacists

Izuku was in his lab working on Shinso's suit, repairing the legs hydraulic system since he accidentally broke the piston when he landed hard onto the ground when he went out on patrol with Aizawa.

He then reached over and took a large sip of his chlorophyll which he found is helping slow down the progress of the palladium poisoning. Not that anyone else but himself and Jarvis and Cogman knew.

"Sorry about breaking that Izuku, I thought I had the villain knocked out, then the next thing I know is that I got tackled off the building and I didn't have enough time to activate my repulsors" said Shinso.

"Meh it's fine, it's a simple fix or else I'd have your ass mounted on my wall" he said not looking up from his work.

"Your joking right?".

"No".

Shinso made a mental note to never seriously damage the suit.

"Right.. well sorry again" he said.

"Izuku! Izuku! Look what I did!!" Said Eri running up to him holding something in her hands.

Looking over he saw Eri holding something in her greasy hands and her red eyes were shining so brightly from sheer happiness.

"I made this with Mei's help!" She said holding a little walking robot made from some scrap metal, bolts and a couple small gears. It was a simple robot that had a pair of double A batteries powering it's two legs.

She put it down on the ground and moved a wire down so it was touching the batteries. After that it slowly started to walk very wobbly, it didn't get farther than a foot before it tipped over and fell.

Eri looked heartbroken at seeing that, she worked really hard with Mei's help and wanted to make Izuku something to show him that she can be smart just like him and yet it fell over on the ground. She went to grab it and run away and hide but Izuku beat her to it.

"Wow, Eri, that's amazing" he said picking it up before she could and began to look it over "it's very simple but it works, you just need to put something in it to stabilize it or build it two more legs to make it a tetrapode so it's more stable".

Eri looked up at him in shock, he wasn't disappointed or angry that she made something that failed... he was happy that she made something.

"If y-" he stopped when he saw that she started to cry which made him panic "Hey what's wrong?".

He was immediately wrapped up in a hug by her as she cried, be began to gently rub her back when he heard something that made his heart break but his blood boil in rage.

"I-I thought you would've hated me... HE always t-told me that i-if I fail I can't d-do anything right" she said.

"That's not true Eri, failure is just another step towards success, if you try and work hard enough and through all the failure, then eventually you'll reach your goal" said Izuku hoping to cheer her up.

She looked up at him and nodded her head "I-I'll remember that.." she said.

"Good" he then rubbed the top of her head making her giggle at the contact since it made her feel warm and cared for.

"Aww your so sweet Izuku" said Mei walking up to him and hugging him "I think that's part of the reason why I fell in love with you" she then kissed him which he happily returned.

"I love you too Mei" he said.

"What does love mean?" Said Eri confused about the word, since she's never heard it before in her life.

"Well love is when you really care about someone, like for me and Mei, we love each other and want to be together forever, or for my mom, I love her with all my heart" said Izuku. "So the first one is romantic love between me and Mei and the other is familiar love between me and my mom or Mei and her parents".