Chapter 5 - The outlander who caught an outrider~ (Part 2)

(Y/N) POV -

I was crossing the forest with Aether, Paimon and Squishy after our little fight with the dragon. My wounds healed pretty fast but they still hurt so I couldn't fly us to Mond.

I was wondering who the boy talking with the dragon was when I heard someone shout.

"Hey you! Stop right there"

And suddenly everything turned dark.

Or that I got hit by something fast and it covered my face would be more accurate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aether POV - 

We had almost reached Mond when we had our encounter with the dragon. My anemo powers started going crazy and the dragon attacked Asmoday. He said that the wounds had already healed but he was still in pain so we had to walk rest of the journey. I was feeling guilty for accidentally hurting him again when we heard someone shout.

"Hallo du! Halt genau dort" was all I heard when a girl wearing red clothes jumped from a small hill and fell....on....

"ASMODAY!"

I could hear his muffled attempts at screaming coming from below her.

"AAHHH, es tut mir so leid!" she said while getting off him. Oh no. We were going to have the language problem again.

"I'm sorry, we don't know Mondstadian(?)"              (IDK What they call their language)

I said hoping she would understand standard Teyvat. Paimon said that most people had only little knowledge of the language as it was mostly used my diplomats and travelers. Fortunately she understood us.

 "I understand. May the anemo god protect you, stranger! I am Amber, Outrider for the Knights of Favonius" she said while doing a cute little salute. Wait! Concentrate Aether!

"You don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourself!"

"Well... that was pretty dumb. I just said that we don't understand their language. Are there people in Mond who don't understand their own language? or she just forgot about it?"

"We're not looking for trouble" Paimon responded. Very good Paimon, definitely not suspicious.

"That's what all trouble makers say" she replied. I decided to introduce myself before Paimon could get us in trouble.

"Hello, I'm Aether, the white haired guy is Asmoday and the little slime is Squishy" I said.

"...Dosen't sound like a local name to me. Also I'm so sorry for falling on you Asmoday!"

"And this... mascot, what's the deal with it?" she asked looking at her. I could see Asmoday silently laughing in the background so I quickly replied

"Emergency food"

"Hey! That's worse than being a mascot!" Paimon shouted while Asmoday was dying of laughter which she noticed.

"Hey! What are you laughing about? If Paimon is emergency food then you're a snack!"

"Pff. Paimon I don't think that's supposed to be an insult" I said, joining Asmoday on the ground, laughing like crazy.   

"*cough* So to summarize *cough* you're travelling companions?" Amber asked trying not to laugh.

"Yeah, Aether got separated from his sister and Asmoday lost most of his memories so we're trying to get both of them back" Paimon responded already forgetting about the little joke we made.