Archon's sin chapter 2 - Barbatos

Another chapter for the Archon's sin series. The part which was my dream ends pretty early, so I'll be making some stuff on my own.

[] - Game elements (for readers only)

{} with underline - Things that are actually added to the story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV - (Part of my dream)

The first archon, the god of freedom, one of the thousand winds. There are many titles for Barbatos, but most call him the Anemo archon.

The story of him overthrowing the evil ruler of Mondstadt and saving it's people is pretty famous, and even a kid in Mond could tell you the story by heart.

They say that Barbatos saved Mond from Decarabian, the God of Storms.

Decarabian was killed and Barbatos ascended to godhood.

If you ask anyone from Mond what they know about Decarabian, their response will be the same.

"He was a tyrant" is what's known by everyone.

Yes, he blocked Mond from rest of the world, but that was to save the city from his fight with Andrius.

Almost no documents will tell you about it. Which is weird considering the fact that the in the city of freedom, there is no restriction on knowledge.

In a city where bards reside and old stories are sung everyday, there is no reason for such information to simply vanish.

Unless, the winds block such information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV - (Shit I made up)

I had been exploring some old places we've been when I remembered about Stormterror's lair.

"(Y/N)? You going somewhere?" Asmoday asked.

"Yeah. I thought that I'd explore old Mond" I said.

"Oh, ok. Try to find remains of Decarabian if you can. I think that Barbatos never allowed him to rest" Asmoday said.

"What the fuck are you talking about!?" I asked.

"Hehe. You'll have to find out that on your own" Asmoday said as she gave me a small kiss.

"Well, this is going to be interesting" I said as I teleported to old Mond.

[World quest - The true tyrant]

The ruins looked the same, and all the plants and animals that had died the last time I was here had returned.

I found a large hilichurl village and some of the scouts spotted me.

They didn't mind me entering the village because I looked like a human, and they had been trading with them for quite some time.

The village was pretty developed and looked like it was in early medieval period.

I saw some humans buying some 'authentic hilichurl craft'.

Yeah. We guys are the same in every world.

I finally found the village elder, but he was talking with an abyss mage.

I was about to leave them and return later when the mage spotted me.

"Your highness. It's an honor to see you here. Can I help you with anything?" the mage said and a bunch of people heard him.

Oh fuck off already. I've told you guys not to call me 'your highness' in public!