Chapter 12 - Of the land of flat chests

Chapter warning - Kidnapping. I guess?

Note : In this one, the main office of the funeral parlor is located in Wuwang Hill. The one in the city is just for taking orders

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV -

When I woke up every part of my body was hurting. Ae noticed me and hugged me. Albedo was doing some tests to confirm that I was alright when I noticed that my wings were black-red. I tried touching them but it hurt a lot so I left them.

After he made sure I was alright he told us that he had managed to make the flower bloom. We saw as it died after a few seconds. At least it was pretty.

A few hours later the pain had gone and I tried experimenting with my wings.

I tried to touch them and the corruption receded. Seems like I can control it now. I tried to concentrate it and small crystals started forming. After returning home I did some more experiments and then asked Ae to try to purify it when I cover my wings. It did nothing but did hurt a lot. The corruption ended up spreading to other parts of my body. When I finally reached my head, I remembered something.

It wasn't too clear but I knew that something bad was about to start happening in other nations. Why I knew that? I don't know. I discussed it with Ae and he agreed to let me explore them in hope of getting my memories back.

After a few days of preparation and giving half my money to Ae, in case he needed it, I left Mond. While I was going towards Liyue, since it's the closest nation, it was announced that a vision hunt decree had started in Inazuma. Huh, neat. Guess I knew something about this world before I forgot everything.

I stayed at Wangshu inn for some days before a short edgy kid tried to kill me, so I left.

I reached the harbor after 2 days and activated a waypoint I found. Just in case, they need my help in Mond. My routine was pretty similar to Mond other than the fact that I was alone. I asked Katheryne to send some letters to Ae if an adventurer was going to Mond.

As I was exploring Liyue, I found a statue of Morax and decided to touch it. If what Venti told me happened because of me touching the statue, then I should be able to contact Morax too.

My idea worked as Katheryne told me that someone from Wangsheng funeral parlor had requested a special commission from me. I reached there and a saw a brunette sneaking around, trying to scare some treasure hoarders. I followed her and saw that she managed to defeat all of them. She also had QiQi with her, whom I'd met a few days ago when I was picking up Violet grass. At first I thought that she was lost again and the brunette was helping her but I was wrong. She tried to burry her and I had to save QiQi.

"Hey! Why did you do that!?" the brunette shouted.

"Ah! QiQi remembers you. You're the strange person who helped QiQi" QiQi said. I didn't know if I should be honored that she remembered me or insulted that she was calling me strange.

"Oh! Seems like you know her. Well, I'm Hu Tao. The 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Nice to meet you" she said.

Oh no. This is the person who hired me!?

"Nice to meet you Who tao" I decided to make a pun and seems like she liked it.

"I see that you're a man of culture as well. But can't you talk?" she asked.

I shook my head.

"Understandable, have a great day. Also what are you doing here?"

"I was hired by the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor for something. I don't know what though. Also stop trying to bury QiQi! She may be a zombie, but she's still a person" I told her as I pointed to QiQi where the harbor was.