Chapter 17 - The aftermath

Ok.... soooo.... I umm.... have a bad news and a really bad news.

The bad news. My exams are starting so no updates for some time.

The really bad news. They will finish by the end of January and I have more exams starting in the middle of February. And I won't get a lot of free time after that for about a month. Soooo... don't expect a lot of updates :/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this while listening to Rush E. Should I be concerned?

Anyways, enjoy the chapter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV - 

Where am I?

Everything hurts...

Why can't I remember anything?

I opened my eye and saw that a blond boy was holding me while crying.

"I'm sorry Asmoday" he said while crying.

Asmoday? Is that my name?

"Who are you mister? Any why are you crying?" I tried to say, but nothing came out.

I tried to breath, but my lungs were failing.

Every part of my body felt like it was on fire.

The boy noticed my breathing getting weaker and hugged me tighter.

I tried to touch his face to calm him down, before everything went dark.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aether POV - 

We quickly took Asmoday to a doctor in hope that he could be healed. After all, he survived having his head blown up.

Baizhu tried to heal him, but the best he could do was return his body to it's original state.

Asmoday was already dead, and there is nothing we could do.

"W-Why don't we take him to Barbara?" Paimon asked.

"It's too late Paimon. His visions are dead. That is the mark of a dead person" Zhongli said.

Paimon began crying and Ganyu took her away to calm her down.

"Aether, about Asmoday's funeral..." Zhongli said.

"I... need time to process his death. Can you take care of the funeral arrangements?" I asked.

"Sure. That's the minimum I can do for a friend" Zhongli said, as he left.

I went to Paimon after she had calmed down and we teleported to Mondstadt with Diluc to inform others about Asmoday's death.

When we entered the city, Amber saw us and hugged me.

"Aether! I missed you so much! Did you find anything about Asmoday in Liyue? Is he still there, or did he already leave for Sumeru?" she asked.

Right. Most people don't know about what the Fatui did to him.

I couldn't hold it any longer and began crying while Amber hugged me.

This caught the attention of some citizens and a crowd slowly gathered around us.

Jean and Lisa were at nearby, when they saw the crowd and came there.

"Aether? You alright? What happened?" Lisa asked me in a concerned tone.