Chapter 38 - Power of god and anime

Lumine POV - 

A few hours after I'd sent heralds to ask for help, multiple abyss portals started opening near us.

A few hundred soldiers from Watasumi island had entered the area from a portal, and Aether also came here to help.

"Lumine" he said when he saw me.

"Not now Aether. Asmoday comes first" I said.

He looked sad, but nodded.

"Honorary knight!" someone said as a group went towards Aether.

"What's the situation" a blond girl asked him.

"We'll see when everyone is here" Aether said.

I saw Morax and some adepti looking around the skyfrost nails as they analyzed them.

Most Abyss creatures were looking at them with disgust, but didn't attack. Atleast not before Asmoday was saved.

"Princess. I'm ready" Ashley said.

I nodded and gathered everyone.

"Lumine. What's the plan?" Aether asked.

"Ashley is going to use their device and powers to temporarily weaken the nails. We'll have about 13 minutes to remove all of them" I said.

"Shouldn't it be easy with all these people?" a white haired girl asked as she floated near Aether.

"No. Ashley can weaken the nails a lot, but it will only affect their ability to destroy any living thing near them. The Abyss Order was able to remove one by quickly swapping those near it, but it still took over an hour" I said.

"And you guys will be weakened too, so be careful" Ashley said.

Everyone nodded, and quickly got ready.

Don't worry Asmoday. We'll save you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean POV - 

After we entered the portal, we were teleported to an underground city.

I saw Aether, and asked his what the situation was, but he didn't know the exact situation.

A few minutes later, the 'Abyss Princess' told us about the plan.

I was looking around to see who were here, and saw some people from Liyue and Inazuma.

"You must be the acting grandmaster" a tall guy asked.

"Yes. And you?" I asked.

"I'm Zhongli, a consultant at Wangsheng Funeral Parlor" he said.

Wait... why the fuck is a guy from a funeral parlor here!?
He chuckled.

"I suppose you know an old friend of mine. Where is he? The drunk bard I mean" he said.

A bard who's also drunk...

DO YOU HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF HOW LITTLE THAT NARROWS IT DOWN!?

"I'm here!" Venti said as fell from the sky.

"Where the fuck were you hiding!?" Zhongli asked.

Venti pouted.

"As the god of wind, I can easily fly" he said while trying to poke Zhongli.

Hmm. He knows Venti.

Venti is probably the old friend he mentioned.

Venti was casual about his godhood with him.