Chapter 8 - Venti sees his boss, gets Vietnam flashbacks

Venti POV - 

I woke up after my usual nap only to find out that Divalin had gone crazy because of Durin's blood. I shouldn't have left him alone. Ehe :P

I noticed that someone touched my statue and stole some of my anemo powers. I was wondering what happened when I felt a sudden pain in my chest, like someone was hitting me with a hammer. It stopped as fast as it came.

I quickly went to Whispering woods and tried to talk with Divalin. I almost convinced him when he got distracted by a sudden surge of anemo coming from the trees. I turned around to see a blond and a while haired boy standing there. I couldn't see the white one clearly because of Divalin acting strangely, so I quickly teleported to Windrise.

The interruption caused me to be poisoned so I sat there, slowly healing. A few hours later Divalin started attacking Mond. I could feel the one who stole my powers getting sucked up by a tornado, so I helped him in flying with power of the thousand winds. Surprisingly, he managed to scare Divalin away with the help of his friend.

By the time I fully healed I could feel my connection with the 4 winds getting cut. The knights had the right idea. This would prevent Divalin from attacking Mond for now. I also noticed an anomaly. My connection with Boreas getting a lot stronger before it finally got cut off.

I found the travelers, as everyone in Mond seemed to be calling them talking when the white haired went somewhere with Diluc. I saw the blond carrying Divalin's tear and it was slowly getting purified so I went to have a little talk. 

I gave them another tear and he managed to purify it. Aether, as he told me his name was looking for his sister while the white haired one was trying to get his memories back. A bit suspicious but alright. 

I told Aether that we could save Divalin by using the Holy lyre and he agreed to the plan. Our request to get the lyre went just as I expected. I even tried telling them that I was Barbatos but no one believed me >:(

Aether infiltrated the church and tried sealing the lyre. He almost succeeded but a Fatui assassin was able to steal it and got the attention of the guards. We escaped to Dawn winery where Dilluc had returned. He gave the knights wrong information and sent them away. Aether asked him and he told us to think of it as a favor. I told him all about Divalin and how we could save him with my wonderful performance. 

Some time later he called the acting-grandmaster to talk with us. She was surprised to find out that we tried to steal the lyre and said that Kaeya had already captured someone he thought was the suspect. We didn't have enough time to save the bystander as we had to get the lyre first.

With Jean and Diluc helping us we were able to wipe out the Fatui camp really fast. Jean went to free the bystander and I asked Aether to gather more crystals to power up the lyre.

When we met again the knights had collected 8 crystals.

I asked him to use them on the lyre and he responded with a "Wenn es meines gottes wille!"

I tried acting like it was nothing but he was getting suspicious.

Aether's ability to purify and the anemo he stole from me left us with 3 extra crystals so I told him that he could keep it.

The next day we went to Starsnatch cliff and summoned Divalin. I couldn't convince him as an Abyss mage attacked me. When I woke up they told me that they had killed it but Divalin escaped. The holy lyre was missing so I thought it got destroyed.

When we returned to the tavern I noticed that some of the high ranking knights were there too, for discussing the plan I suppose. As they were talking, I tried to steal a bottle of wine when I heard the scraping of chair behind me. I thought that someone saw me and quickly turned around to try and convince them to keep quite. What I saw couldn't be compared to anything I'd ever felt. There, sitting menacingly on a chair in front of me was The Sustainer. I quickly threw the bottle away and changed into my divine form, not caring about the knights as I quickly bowed.