Chapter 16 - A new enemy approaches

Warning : Major character death. If I need to and anything else, please tell me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aether POV -

I ran outside with Paimon and saw the Jade chamber moving towards Osial. We somehow caught up to them, and used a floating platform to get up.

All the Adepi and some Millelith were there too.

"Ningguang, what's the plan?" I asked her.

"I have modified the Guizhong Ballista. We're going to attack Osial using that" she said.

The Adepti got on one Ballista each, and started firing at Osial. Things were going pretty smoothly, when Fatui started attacking us.

I took out my sword and started killing them, as Xiao, Ganyu, and Madam Ping provided me with some power boosts.

When all the Fatui were dead, we tried attacking Osial again, but he managed to destroy the Ballista with a powerful attack.

Ningguang said that she would sacrifice the Jade chamber to seal Osial, and I concentrated the Adepti's powers on it, by using my body as a catalyst.

When we escaped the explosion, I noticed that Osial was still alive. Barely though.

"He's still alive!" Paimon shouted.

"No. This was calculated. You can't fully kill a god. We were hoping to weaken him enough to seal him away" Xiao said.

"But who's going to seal him?" I asked.

"That would be me" Zhongli said as he appeared behind us.

"Mr. Zhongli! Why are you covered in blood!?" Paimon shouted.

"I've been fulfilling the part of my broken contract" he said with a guilty look.

I saw that there were hundreds of Fatui agents at the harbor. Zhongli had prevented them from attacking us at the Jade chamber.

He was about to seal Osial away, when Childe stopped him.

"Sorry, comrade. But duty calls" he said, as he threw a small cube at Osial.

"CHILDE NO!" Zhongli shouted.

The box broke and covered Osial in cubes similar to the one Asmoday's blood turns into.

"Dottore's new experiment seems useful" he said before escaping.

I saw as Osial was covered in the cubes as they started spreading further. Soon, he was completely covered in them, and when they were absorbed into his body, he was completely healed. No, he was stronger.

"Osial has recovered completely. Currently, he's as strong as back in the archon war" Xiao said.

Before we could do anything, he attacked us with an attack similar to the one that destroyed the Ballista.

All of us barely survived when I noticed something wrong. The Fatui corpses were twitching.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean POV -

After Asmoday noticed the massive pillar of energy coming from Liyue, he quickly flew there. The abyss mages soon left and we returned to Mond.

Albedo quickly ran to his lab and brought two small containers and some notes.

"Jean! We have to stop Asmoday!" he quickly said.