Chapter 27 - Stillness, sublimation of NEET

Lumine POV - 

The shogun tried to take Asmoday's visions, but I managed to punch her away.

"Asmoday? You alright?" I asked.

"Uh... My head. It feels so weird" he said.

Skirk had destroyed most of the shogun's body, when Asmoday fell unconscious.

"Asmoday!" I shouted as I looking for the damage.

He had most of his ribs broken and large amount of electro in his body, but nothing else that would make him randomly faint.

I got my answer when Skirk came flying towards me.

"This power! It's the same as my gnosis!" the shogun said excitedly.

I saw that she was holding Asmoday's electro vision and extracting all it's elemental energy.

"You bastard!" Skirk shouted as she went to attack the shogun, but was blown away by a massive blast of electro.

When I was done healing Asmoday, I quickly joined Skirk in trying to defeat the shogun.

We were slowly able to damage her, but the power provided by Asmoday's vision allowed her to keep attacking us.

Suddenly, the vision stopped responding.

I saw Asmoday trying to wrestle the vision away from the shogun, but couldn't.

Me and Skirk got ready to help him, as we attacked the shogun from behind.

"I won't let you have that much power!" the shogun shouted as she attacked the vision with her sword.

No! Asmoday's vision!

There was a large explosion, but we managed to dodge it.

The Shogun was holding Asmoday and was trying to take his other vision.

I tried helping, but the shogunate stopped us.

While me and Skirk were fighting the army, she stopped using foul legacy.

It takes a huge toll, and even she can't maintain it for so long.

Soon, my foul legacy ended too, and the shogunate managed to capture us.

The Shogun couldn't take Asmoday's geo vision because he summoned an anemo one and had created a small wind barrier.

"I suppose you'll have to die" the shogun said, reverting back to a more emotionless voice.

She was about to strike Asmoday, when I heard his voice in my head.

"DIVINE SANDSTORM!!!" he said.

Large chunks of geo crystals were made near him, and quickly eroded by his anemo vision as the whole city was soon covered in a massive sandstorm.

It allowed us to escape, and the shogun got some distance to prevent getting damaged from the massive sand tornados.

When it seemed like we had won, there was a deafening noise, and the sandstorm weakened a lot.

I saw something that horrified me.

The skyfrost nail.... It had attacked Asmoday!

He was laying on the ground, with the massive pillar going through his body.

Red cubes started trying to cover it, but weren't able to.

"You... were a formidable opponent. May your soul rest in peace" the shogun said as she attacked him.

"NOOOO!" I shouted as I tried to save him, but was blown away by the attack.

The sandstorm stopped, and the skyfrost nail had vanished.