Chapter 20 - You will be stabbed

Just for this chapter :

Italics - Flashbacks (Different people can be talking)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aether POV -

While we were going towards the Abyss Stronghold, I told Dain about Asmoday.

"This could be troublesome. Before we enter, I must warn you Aether" Dain said.

"About what?" Paimon asked.

"If the Abyss Order manages to resurrect Asmoday's body, it won't be your friend. No matter how friendly it acts" he said.

"But Asmoday's not from this world! Maybe he can get resurrected" I said.

"That could have been possible if you didn't try to destroy his soul. Even the Abyss can't heal a destroyed soul" Dain said.

I felt guilty for that.

"But what are they going to do with his body?" Paimon asked.

"Asmoday was the only godslayer to ever exist. Even his body should provide enough power to strengthen the mechanized god the abyss is trying to make" Dain said as we entered the stronghold.

After defeating some abyss mages, we finally got to a room with an inverted statue of Venti.

It looked like it was gathering corruption and an Abyss Herald was protecting it.

"You're just as vexatious as ever, Dainsleif, enemy of the Abyss!" the Abyss Herald said.

We started fighting it but didn't notice when it started getting darker.

I almost defeated the Herald, but it opened a portal and tried to escape .

Dain stopped him but a blast of Abyssal energy stopped us.

"Princess" the herald said as it bowed.

"Lumine!" I shouted.

I tried to convince her to leave with me, but she refused.

"Don't try to stop me. Don't try to stop the Abyss" she said, as she told me about Dain's past.

Lumine was about to leave in a portal when we heard a scream.

Oh no! We forgot about the Eclipsed moon!

"Aether! Run! I'll stop the monsters" Dian said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV -

Lumine told me that almost all the materials for my resurrection were ready. They just need eye of the first field tiller to make my new body stable.

I was playing UNO with her when she suddenly stood up.

I swear I wasn't cheating!

"Asmoday, I need to leave. An old enemy is causing some trouble" she said as she opened a portal and left.

I waited for a few minutes before another portal opened, but no one came out.

I quickly got in and found myself in a weird cave with Venti's inverted statue.

Lumine and a few Abyss Heralds were fighting a blond guy and some weird monsters.

I didn't want to disturb them, so I went closer to Venti's statue.