Saying Sorry

So I can't quite see still. I am holding on to Rin's hand like my life depends on it. And actually I pretty sure it does. I can feel myself getting weaker by the moment but everyone Rin squeezes my hand I feel a burst of energy flow into me and I feel like I can make it through this.
I hear metal ripping and I hear the sirens in the background but not as I should.
It sounds off, off a little. Like if your ears have been plugged for a while after you have been swimming and you can quite get any of the water out.
I feel a hand touch my neck. Checking to see if I am still alive.
"She's alive!"I hear him yell. "Get me a gurney fast, she's bleeding out."Hearing that sends chills down my spine. I don't want to die. Not now. Not tonight.
I see someone reach in after ripping open the drivers side door and check Rin's pulse.
"He's alive. He's bleeding bad. Get me a gurney fast!"I start to black out as they pull me from the wreckage.
"Stay with me, come on stay with me you can do this."I hear the man say just as I let my eyes flutter shut and let the darkness elope me.

**

Rin's POV.
They pull Marrigold out and tell her to stay awake but I see her shut her eyes anyway. She goes slack in his arms and he yells for help.
"I need the AEG paddles now, she's going into cardiac arrest. Hurry!"No, she cannot die.
No she needs to live. She has so much to live for so much to do in life. Why must this happen to her now.
I see then zap her just before they pull me from the wreckage and strap be to a gurney and put me in the ambulance. I am gone. And she is left behind. Why couldn't that be me, why can't she be the one being whisked away to safety.

**

Marrigold's POV
I am looking at four faces. And I know none of them. Yet one claims to be my father, one claims tone my step mother.
Another claims to be my little brother, and the last one. claims to be my boyfriend.
But that can't be true, after all, I don't know any of these people.
The doctor walks in and smiles at me.
"So Marrigold how are you feeling?"I look at him. A familiar face. I may have only met him a short while ago but he is not familiar to me.
"I feel achy, and uh....uncomfortable."The doctor cocks his head at me.
"Why?"I look at everyone then back at him.
"Because there a four strange people in my room whom I have no recollection of ever meeting."Everyone in the room except the doctor gasps.
The doctor settles everyone down as he speaks. "Calm down, she just has a slight case of amnesia. This seems to be just a mild case though, as she knows who she is herself. But the fact that she has amnesia means so much."
The man who claims to be my father stands up. "What does this mean?"
"She may never remember any of you, she may remember all of you in two minutes. Amnesia is unpredictable in it's lengths and severity. She seems to not have it that bad. But honestly I can't quite tell, seeing as she doesn't remember you all doesn't mean she won't remember other people in her life."
Just then a girl burst threw the doors to my room. She looks like she just came from the prom or something. But her hair is a mess and her makeup is running.
"Marrigold!"She crush running toward me. Just then it hits me, along with her body, who she is.
"She has amnesia she won't remem-"The boy claiming to be my boyfriend starts but I cut him off.
"Kat!"I wrap my arms around her and start crying. "Kat I am so confused. I don't know anyone and everybody telling me things that I don't understand."She hushes me and strokes my hair.
"What are they telling you my love?"She whisper to me as I cry into her shoulder.
"That they are my family and that I have amnesia."She sighs. And looks over to the doctor who nods.
"Mary, you do have amnesia. Why you only remember who you yourself are and me I have no clue. But what I do know is that is your family. I am not one hundred percent on whether you and Rin are dating again or not, but maybe he's your boyfriend. I have honestly no clue what you two said to each other last night."
"What happened last night?"I ask looking around the room at everyone. Okay so this is my family. I guess I look like them. Or do I? What do I look like?
"You we're in a car crash last night Mar Mar, "That nickname. I look at Rin. "We both were. We we're coming home from the Valentines day dance. Your birthday was yesterday. He didn't see us. He smashed into my side. Mar Mar you need to remember. Mar Mar please."He is crying.
I start to think. I remember spinning. I remember the words I love you. "Say I love you."He looks at me weird. "Say it please."
"I love you."It comes rushing back, it was him who said it. This whole time as I was sitting here those words echoing in my head, I thought I was insane.
It all comes back.

Flashback
"I love you."I hear him say as I blink threw the blood dripping into my eyes.
"I love you more."I say my voice coming out raspy.
I smile a sad smile and he squeezes my hand. "Don't worry we will be fine."
"I can't breath."I whispered as the blood drips into my eyes again.
"Mar Mar. Hold on please. I love you."I latch onto him even more. We will be fine.

Present
I gasp and my eyes go wise. "We will be fine."I say. He looks at me wise eyed.
"What did you just say?"
"We will be fine. That's what you told me in the car. We will be fine. And so it must be true."I say and he wraps his arms around me.
"Oh Marrigold. I love you. Oh Mar Mar don't ever scare me like that ever again."I hug him back.
"You know what made me remember?"I ask looking at him as he pulls back.
"What?"
"The only person that calls me Mar Mar is you."He smiles at me. "And I love you."
"I love you more."
****************************
Welp sorry guys but that's it for now. I am so happy my book just hit 1.67K you all just make me so happy. You all are so amazing and not just for reading my book but just because you all are who you are. I love you all my Perfect Little Angles.

Vote

Comment

Share

Miku_Tabbie